• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

6 week check

skyraaa

Reaction score
hi mummies

just a quick question what do docs actually check for at the 6 week checkup
do they check me and bubs sorry im so stupid lol

thanks xxx

They ask if your doing ok, if you've had stitches and they haven't healed then they might take a look but if they're ok they won't. They ask you about contraception.

They check babies length and weight, hips, heartbeat, eyes. They also check for alertness, strength of their neck and smiling.

I think that's it, mine was such a long time ago!!

They can also check your BP and urine. Mine did.

At my 6 weeks checks they felt my tum (make sure the uterus is back in place) checked BP (and maybe urine?) Asked about stitches and any other problems I have, but they didnt check baby at all!? :think: We had an 8 week check for them! But it could be totally different now as my youngest is nearly 7 so quite a while back now!

We had seperate appointments for Becky and I though it's different everywhere. I had a check at 6 weeks, she had hers at 10 weeks though it's meant to be 8 weeks. The appointment for me I had to make, hers came through automatically. All she did at mine was check my BP as my stitches were fine and sort out contraception.

I had my 6 week check up at Finlay's 8 week jags. The weighed him and checked him over while I spoke to the doctor (OH was with him at the time)

Mine was general check to see how I was. Didn't check stitches but mine were inside, asked about bleeding, feeding and if there were any problems. Mentioned contraception but I didn't take them up on the offer till later on. Too much for me to sort in that short time :lol:

Places vary as to what they do though. My clinic is 10 mintues away from Daftscotslass and there's a difference :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back