6 months still feeds every couple of hours

GBLiz

Reaction score
even though i now have anjali on 2 or 3 bowlfuls of baby food a day, she is still bf-ing every 2-3 hours. at 9pm at night i feed her a bowl of porridge and bf about 10 mins later but she STILL wakes up hungry in the night, sometimes twice

do you think my milk isnt nutritionally dense enough? i am struggling to eat because im tired and just seems too much of a chore to make food for myself on top of everything else :? . she always seems satisfied after she feeds...just not for long!

a lot of it is just drinking.... try to introduce some water into her diet too... shes probably thirsty because shes more mobile and food requires a lot of fluid to digest... :) Lil miss is near on 9 months and she still feeds every couple of hours... but its mainly for a 10 mins so its a drink rather than a feed.

Squiglet said:
a lot of it is just drinking.... try to introduce some water into her diet too... shes probably thirsty because shes more mobile and food requires a lot of fluid to digest... :) Lil miss is near on 9 months and she still feeds every couple of hours... but its mainly for a 10 mins so its a drink rather than a feed.

same with connor. he drinks a bit of water at meal times, but he tends to spit a lot of it back out when i'm not looking. so boob feeds are still frequent - they're mostly just quicker. his night feeds got screwed by his cold and he started waking 5/6 times a night and screaming for boob; its settled back to 2/3 feeds a night now, but there's no sign of him dropping them any time soon...

I wouldn't worry hun. My l/o was feeding through the night and sometimes still does and she's 10 months now.

Babies get into their own routine in their own time. A long sleep for one could be 3 hours whereas for another could be 20 minutes. You're doing a great job hun and that's just probably her routine atm. However routines in babies can change from day to day.

Luke eats breakfast, lunch and dinner every day and has boob feeds inbetween (not as many now but) but still wakes to be fed 2 or 3 times a night between 11pm and 7am. I can't see that changing any time soon either. :)

Calleigh is on two meals a day but still feeds exactly the same as before, usually around five times a day. She has started to go through the night again from 8 til 7.

Is she definately waking for a good feed in the night or do you think she may be doing it out of habit. Has your OH tried settling her in the night to see if she will go back down without a feed from you hun.

i think it could be a thirst thing...i'll try getting her to drink more today and see if that helps. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back