5 months and still very clingy?

ChrissieCool

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, was just wondering how clingy your babies are or were
at 5 months, Jake is very clingy still, he will sit and play with his toys as long as I play with him but he doesn't want to be left to play on his own, is it normal for them to still be like this at this age? I'm not sure if he should be a bit more independent now or not? Been so long since my others were babies that I forget, just a bit worried xxx

At about 5 - 6 months they tend to get separation anxiety so yes its normal, think you just have to wait for it to pass, thats what we did x

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

S has always been a clingy baby too... I used to have to hold her or carry her literally all day!

Now she is crawling and starting to stand she is much more independant and happier to play on her own. I think once they get to about 5 months the frustration of wanting to get about but not being able to makes them whingy too.

x

Yep, this is the separation anxiety stage! Caleb started crying last week because I turned away from him to draw the curtains! I think it's just one of those things you have to try and get through without going crazy! xx

Thanks so much for the replies, Jake wants to be carried all the time too and what's to do stuff he can't plus he has an obsession with his right hand, took him to the park yesterday and he still kept looking at his hand lol the main reason I asked was because I thought maybe me holding him like he wants might get in the way of his development. He isn't interested in rolling at all any more but when he is lying down flat he keeps trying to pull himself up and can't which makes him mad lol but he is starting to try and sit on his own without help so I guess he is doing ok really, anyway thanks everyone xxxx

If you put him down and he is upset he wont try to roll anyway so cant imagin your doing any harm. X

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

Kynon wants to be with me or oh just now all the time too, i read they go through this phase at the 5-6 month mark. They are unsure you will come back when you leave the room and have realised your their world just now. I stick Kynon in the sling to do stuff!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back