5 faint bfp's...1 negative blood test? wots going on?

Rachel G

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new to this site so 1st of all I'm Rachel and have been Ttc since Feb. Have had no ad since January due to breatfeeeding my 10th month old. Now only feed him twice in the day and twice in the night...any way I could really do with your help please! :)

I have had 5 faint lines on home test, doctor's test also showed a very faint line. She took a blood test which came back hcg <1 so not pregnant. She said the lines are just false positives and I'm not pregnant and nothing more. Just took another home test and 2nd line still there, so what is going on....any ideas please as I'm pulling my hair out. Can u get false readings on bloods and didn't think u could get false positives...and 5 of them??? :cry::cry:

Xxxx

Hi and welcome!

Hmmmmm thats a strange one isnt it! Im not sure about whats going on but all I can say it wait and test again!
When is/was AF due?
x

Thanks for your reply, I don't know when AF is due as I haven't one since Feb!!!!!! I breastfeed my son. The doctor has said this doesn't mean I can't get pregnant as I could well be ovulating still. This is what's making so much harder.

I took another test this morning using FMU and a 2nd faint line again, but defo a line there!!! Has anyone experienced this or had a negative blood test to then find out they are in fact expecting?

I'm sure I will just have to stop testing and give in and accept I'm not pregnant but when you want something to happen and you believe it is right it's so hard.

Good luck to everyone who is TTC. xXx

What brand of tests are they? I hardly had periods and got pregnant so it can happen. I've not had a pregnancy blood test so cant give you advice sorry. x

hi rachel thought i would just come in and say my friend had the same as you and she too had a blood test that came back neg but kept getting faint positives on pg home test and it was only when she got to about 10 weeks that she insisted on another blood test and sure enough it came back positive!!! obviousely i am not saying that this is def with you but thought i was interesting when i read your link it reminded me of my friend tanya and she went on to have a lovely little boy william..so i would say your still in with a chance...hope this helps hun love t..xx

They are the tests that the doctors use Mopmum and also had 1 first response. And t, I am hoping I will follow in your friends foot steps, I've got everything crossed and doing lots of praying :) xXx

Hiya im having exactly the same problem. Last period Aprl - kept getting negative home pregnancy tests, then i got a faint positive and i mean very faint.
so i had blood test came back negative, took a test today again a faint positive but much darker than the last faint one, its very clearly there.

Hate waiting, luckily iv got an appointment at doctors tomorrow

Good Luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back