5 days over !! Possible early stages of labour signs??!

BabyFazza

Reaction score
Hiya Ladies,
I have been absent from here for quite some time, hope everyone's doing good!
I think I may be in early stages of labour. Tuesday was my due date.... But baby wasn't ready to make an appearance.
Wednesday I had a sweep. I was told my cervix was still far back but she tried to stimulate it (not me lol) to try and get things going.
Anyway Friday I started getting what I think was contractions, they were approx every 10 mins and lasting approx 50 secs, they were uncomfortable/ painful (but not unbearable), i thought that things may have started happening soon as I had also lost part of my plug the day before.
Then nothing's the contractions were bad during the night but seemed to ease off during the day. I've since been having them on an off not as close together as before, these are surely contractions aren't they?? I know everyone has a different pain trestle but my thinking is I am finding them bearable because I'm only in the beginning stages of labour???
This is my 1st bubba so it's all new to me.
Getting a bit fed up now as lots of ppl keep asking if I've had it yet. Think I wouldn't mind being past my due date if so many people doesnt keep asking me if I'd had baby. Like I wouldn't be shouting it from the rooftops anyway!! As if I wouldn't tell people lol !
So I haven't phoned the hospital becuase at this stage I didn't really think it warrented a call, what do you reakon???
Xx

I think it could be hun!

Depending on how close as quiet the ward is id call just to explain whats been happening and they can advise from there for u hun.
They might want to check ur cervix progress...?

FX they pick up for u and turn into nice big contractions an u can have ur babaa!! Xxx

Oh I do hope so...
I've gotta go to the midwifery unit at 10am tomorrow anyway so in gonna let them know what's been happening then as that's where I plan to give birth.
I since been to the loo and had more of a show but contractions aren't getting any closer together. Grrrr!!
x

Ahhh cumooon contractions!!
Do u have a bouncy ball!? See if thatll help! Xxx

Ooooh fx hun! I hope things pick up for you, try and rest as much as possible while you can. And relax relax relax. Xxxx

Ahhh cumooon contractions!!
Do u have a bouncy ball!? See if thatll help! Xxx

Been bouncing away or the past few days and when I do get the contractions it's the only place I can get comfortable. x

This sounds very promising! If you think it could be the start of something I think it's always good to put in a call just so you're on their radar so they have an idea of numbers etc... They'll at least be able to give advice on when to consider coming in. Good luck hun! Xxxx

Good luck and fingers crossed. I'm in the land of the overdue (3 days) so know how you feel! xx

Sounds like it could be slow labour. 2 days before I gave birth I had irregular contractions through the night (helpful... not!) and barely anything in the day. Try and rest as much as possible and fx it happens very soon xx

Just to update i went to the Midlwifery led unit for reflexology and it was amazing. I told her about the pains I had been getting but she seemed to think it must have been braxton hicks even though I never had it before?
However I lost a significant more plug early hours of this morning and Im pretty sure Im getting contractions now. They seem to be every 7 - 8 mins. Been getting them from about 3 this morning and they've been keeping me up but I've tried to strait tracking them in the last hour.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back