5:2 fasting

Olive

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this and how did you find it? I'm giving it a go, day 1 mind so might not last long lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My dads been doing it for about 6 weeks now. The first 2 weeks he lost 9lb in total but he's struggling to shift any weight now. He enjoys the diet but god he's got some will power!
He plans his meals on his fasting days a week in advance so he doesn't get tempted. He does get hungry but try's distraction techniques and goes to the gym etc.

Thanks for reply. I think planning is def key! Am trying to combine with SW. Am a tad desperate, even if a quick fix...wedding coming up (not mine lol)

I keep reading about this! Is it the one where you do 5 days eating normally and 2 under 800cal? I'm not sure I'd have the will power :blush:

Yep Alice pretty much although 500 cals (unless I'm going it wrong!). It's not as hard as I thought...so far lol x

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

I thought it was 500, but then thought that sounded a bit low :lol: I suppose you can actually eat quite a bit if you eat loads of fruit!

Surely your body would go into starvation mode and retain weight? X

tapatalking x

Fruits quite high. I think because its only 2 days a week the retaining fat thing is suppose to not happen as you can eat what you like on other days, within reason. It could, of course, be a whole load of bollocks lol. X

It's being really highly recommended by doctors etc isn't it? Something to do with being good for your heart?

Might look into this with my holiday just over two months away, thinking my two days will have to be my rest days from running though, does it matter what days they are? X x x

I don't think so m2a. I've read good things about it Alice. Idk just giving it a shot. Am doing slimming world so the sad thing is, on fast days I have to syn my ready meals. Mental. I've started doing the 30 day shred DVD as well as only 20 mins. I started all this last Monday and weighed myself this morning and lost 6lb. Well chuffed! Weeeeeeeeee! Albeit it might just be a one off big loss. My brothers wedding is under 2 weeks so will see if can lose a bit more before then. X

Oh wow that's amazing!! Well done Hun! I might give it a try! I'm still in agony from 30ds on sat, the pain in my legs walking to work this morning knocked me sick :shock: I'd gained this morning, but am assuming it's my muscles retaining water!

Thanks lovely. It was 5lb I was wrong lol but still chuffed!!

What bit are you on on 30ds? I'm on day 8. Am dreading level 2! X

5lb's still awesome! I'm still on day 1 :lol: starting to get a bit of movement back tho today, so going to try and give it another go, I'm thinking of skipping to level 2! I struggle with all the jumping in level 1, so it's possible the reason my legs are fooked is I've overcompensated for my dodgy joints. Level 2 seems to be more gentle on them even tho it's harder!

I tried sticking to 500cal yesterday ad failed :blush: although I had a can of dr pepper at work which was like 150cal :shock: and the half an Easter egg I had didn't help either :blush: today is a new day though!

Lol sounds familiar.

I haven't peeked at level 2. Glad to hear less jumping!! My neighbours must hear me. Cringe!

I count calories on my fitness pal app. I'm fasting today. Find weight watcher soups good. One I've got for lunch is about 80 cals. Then I have an innocent Thai something pot for dinner, which is under 300. I LOVE dr pepper so drink dr pepper zero. Think it's 0.5 cals a can. And I use about 34 cals for 100ml skimmed milk for tea. I've actually got enough cals left for a few crackerbreads with my soup. Happy days lol.

Xxx

The cardio's still full on, but it's more jump rope type stuff than jumping jacks, they totally play havoc with me, so I was glad to see them go!

I used to love weight watchers soups, my post baby diet was them with ryvita and cream cheese!

I could go cream cheese now! Lol. Starting level 2 tomorrow. Pray for me! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back