--/--

At that age my baby was going to bed around 8:30/9, waking for a feed about 3am and sleeping til around 7 or 8. Occasionally she would wake for additional feeds at 10pm or around 6am.
As you say though, every baby is different! Are you planning on breastfeeding? Some BF babies will wake 4 - 5 times a night until they're toddlers, some will sleep through from a young age, so it's really hard to tell.
I'm not sure about FF babies but I think they tend to need fewer feeds at night?

I think it's realistic to expect to still be getting up a couple of times a night.

My LO was going to bed about 9pm, waking for a feed between 4 and 5 and then would go back down until about 9am. Although he was generally good at sleeping, he also started teething from about 12 weeks, and that can end up in being up a hell of a lot with them at night!

Our lo ia bf and goes down.between 8 and 9, and has feeds at about 11:30, 2, 5.and is.up.at 8am roughly.

My BF baby feeds every 3 hours overnight. Occasionally he skips one of those feeds. We're at 16 weeks now but it's been the same for the last few weeks. Xx

I cheated with DS.

Around this age he was waking once or twice a night for feeds.

I made a habit of always having his bottle in the same place in the cot, and his cot was right next to my bed, so the second he started crying, I'd reach out an arm, grab the bottle and plug it in.

Neither of us would really wake up, so we'd both drop off again quick.

He first slept through a week before 6 months.

I say slept through... When I woke early hours in a panic cause he hadn't woken me for a feed, his bottle was more or less empty... He'd just woke up, grabbed it over and fed himself.

Unfortunately, there's no telling what they'll do beforehand. Some of it will depend on bottle v breast, most of it will just depend on baby. If it gets to time for you to go back to work and LO is still waking in the night, see if you and OH can work a system where you do first feed, he does next feed, or, you feed Mon and Tues night, he feeds Wed and Thurs, or whatever works for you guys.
Again, that will depend on bottle feeding, even if it's expressed breast milk.

It's pretty much a wait-and-see, I'm afraid. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back