3months down the line and op in the morning :(

twinkles

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Just fancied some company and cheering up...

Some of u prob know my back ground from my posts but this is where I am now....in hospital :(

I had a missed or silent mc in sept, I had the all clear via a neg urine sample, I bled and it stopped for 3 weeks, then I spotted and stopped for a week, now I'm on day 22/23 of heavy bleeding, I have had antibiotics, pain killers etc then last night was in a& e with the pain, sickness and I was sent home with more pain killers, I had a blood test booked for this morning so went ahead and the doc called me in and phoned the hospital for further tests and refused to take no for an answer so here I am!

I had loads of blood tests, 2 internals and an ultra sound,3 neg preg tests and there it is, tissue from my mc that is still in my uterus....

After my mc I was never scanned as my preg urine test came back neg, the docs today have said that is very unusual, anyway it's all there on the scans so my first choice was to try medical management again and if nothing happened by midnight I'm having a d&c first thing tomo, so far i have passed nothing, infact this is the lightest I have bled in the whole 20 odd days, so it's looking very likely that I'm having the op, I'm nervous as never been put so sleep, I feel like I haven't got off very lightly.....anyway needed to do something instead of laying in bed waiting for the pain to ease.....hope your all well xx

Last edited:
Hun, so awful you are still going through this, I didn't realise! :hug: I know the idea of an op is scary buts fast and they are expect at it. You are barely out for 15 mins. It wil get everything sorted, and you and your body will get to normal. Hope it goes ok xxxx

:hug: what an ordeal :(

Sorry you have had to go through this hun. I hope it is over quickly for you so you can move on with everything xxx

Hope it goes well for u xxxxx

I had a mc on Saturday and Im scared about not being scanned once the bleeding stops. They told me just to do a pregnancy test and if it's still positive in 2 weeks then to call them. It makes you wonder why they don't just scan as routine??

All the best for u xxxxxx

Thank u! Just been put on a ward from my nice little side room....hopefully I will go for op early but getting scanned guest although i know nothing has passed :( x

Hope everything goes ok for you today xx

Sorry you had to go through all this, hope everything goes ok x

Cheers girls....nothing happening yet....starving! Hate waiting x

Oh bless u hun, I unfortunately suffered something similar. I had a mmc but mc'ed naturally at the end of June. I continued bleeding for 11 weeks. I had positive tests and having had scans showing a small bit of remaining tissue, they still left me that long before offering me the operation. So in total I bled for around 13 weeks. I operation itself is very quick, so don't worry urself too much.

Wishing u a speedy recovery :hugs: xxx

oh huni,
ive been there i was 19 my 1st pregnancy, had a scan it was only a egg. told me it was a failed pregnancy.
after 5 days of blood tests etc, they said will let me bleed and let it pass naturally.
3 weeks later still bleeding they finally took me in for a d n c... must admit periods where a hell of a lot lighter and better after that. but its a horrible thing to go threw.xxxxx

Thanks kanga, I remembered u had been through something similar, I was stalking ur posts last night! I can't believe how long some of us go through, its 3 months since my miscarriage, I honestly thought i would be pregnant again by Xmas :( oh well 2012 for me! Was it a quick op and recovery kanga?x

The op was over within half an hour. I was in recovery for about an hour after, but that was because I have low blood pressure. Was on the ward for an hour after, having been given food, then I was allowed home. I had some crampy the first day of the op but that was it and I had bleeding for about 12 days after which was quite light, and AF arrived 28 days after the op. I am now pregnant again, caught on our first cycle, so there is hope that u get ur bfp very soon. :hugs: xx

Well still in ny hospital bed...

Had pesseries internally last night but nothing happened, went to the toilet earlier and could feel something down below.....TMI but I did try to pull it out but I couldn't, the doctor examined me and had a good look and prod about it was painful but she removed what i felt and a lot more....it was horrible, the doctor wasn't sure what it was and we were just looking at it, I think it was a tampon, because I still had left.tissue from my mc my cervix wasn't closed that's the only explanation....it was horrendous, I am waiting for another scan but there has been 2 emergancies on maternity ward so I'm happy waiting but its now 5.30! I have been fed so guess they aren't planning on doing the op now.....don't. know what's going on :( x

Has scan and still some left so the tampon theory may be wishful thinking......could have d&c tomo or wait a week and hope it goes so I'm going to do that and if there is still something left then its a d&c next week......ugh!

:hug: oh sweetheart I'm so sorry it's dragging on for you xxxxxxxxxx

Oh hun, thats rubbish, I'm so sorry its taking so long. Hopefully you'll be home soon xxx

I. Came home late last night, going back a week tomo, fingers crossed it will be all gone otherwise it's d&c x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back