39, 20 year old daughter and now it seems I'm pregnant!!

hi hun

just seen your thread - i'm in exactly the same position as you!

i'm 39 in two weeks time and just found out i'm 5 weeks pregnant. i have 2 teens (from 1st marriage) at home - and i'm soooo hoping they will be pleased!!!!!

my hubby is 47 and has an adult son, decided like yourselves to just "see what happpens" had mirena coil removed 5 months ago and here we are; delighted but terrified - especially at the prospect of "risks and tests"

good to speak to someone else in the same boat, as i'm a health professional and tend to have lots of lovely young mummy's which is making me feel very old!

clara x

hi hun

i'm 39 in two weeks time and just found out i'm 5 weeks pregnant. i have 2 teens (from 1st marriage) at home - and i'm soooo hoping they will be pleased!!!!!

my hubby is 47 and has an adult son, decided like yourselves to just "see what happpens" had mirena coil removed 5 months ago and here we are; delighted but terrified - especially at the prospect of "risks and tests"

good to speak to someone else in the same boat, as i'm a health professional and tend to have lots of lovely young mummy's which is making me feel very old!

clara x

Hi Clara,

Oh a kindred spirit how fabulous!! I am also a health professional and all I see around the hospital are young preganant people and young Mum's and I feel ancient!!

When are you planning on telling the kids? I am definitely going to wait until all the scans and tests are done. I am very worried about the risks and it seems so very long to wait to find out if all is ok......

When I fell pregnant with my daugher I was quite ill, so didn't find out until I was about 14 weeks! Knowing so early this time is lovely in a way, but all I am doing is worrying :roll:

We will have similar due dates, so at least we can go through this worrying, but exciting journey together :)

Mishi.x

I can see from your pic you look young :) It's really difficult not to worry about every little thing, this last 3mths for me have been the longest ever. I have my scan on 29th and I'm so nervous as I've already had 2 mc's. Make sure you got some preg vits and folic acid at hand, I had trouble eating first month or two xx

I know it seems an AGE till it will be scan time for me............
I have been taking vitamins with folic acid for the last few months (just incase :)) and since Monday hubby has called me at work every day to remind me to take them, so not much chance of me not getting my daily intake.x

lol bless him...with my last two mc's I didn't know I was pregnant till several weeks so I didn't take any vits or folic acid...also was on medication for my arthritus and a bladder infection..so I am thinking maybe that had something to do with it. This time ...although unplanned...I knew 2 days after sex I might be pregnant so I stopped all meds and started vits and folic acid straight away so really hoping this little one sticks. Fingers crossed for you hope you have a happy healthy 9mths xxxx

lol bless him...with my last two mc's I didn't know I was pregnant till several weeks so I didn't take any vits or folic acid...also was on medication for my arthritus and a bladder infection..so I am thinking maybe that had something to do with it. This time ...although unplanned...I knew 2 days after sex I might be pregnant so I stopped all meds and started vits and folic acid straight away so really hoping this little one sticks. Fingers crossed for you hope you have a happy healthy 9mths xxxx

Fingers crossed that this one is sticky for you. You seem to being doing all the right things.

I have had two previous mc's, but they were before my daugher was born (so a long time ago :lol:) so hoping all will be well with this little bean.x

I almost lost my daughter 18 yrs ago...I bled really heavy with clots at 11 weeks and had to stay in bed for 3 weeks...but she was and still is a little fighter. I was told a year after having her that I couldn't get pregnant as I was on early change!!!

So I kinda resigned myself to that fact, doctors were surprised I got pregnant 5 yrs ago as I wasn't having any afs...although it ended in mc it gave me hope. I sooooo want to be a mummy again I really miss having a little one around seems like forever!

Last edited:
Congrats!!

Im 21, and I have to admit I would find it a little weird at first if my mum fell pregnant.. But I'm sure I'd get used to it, I wouldn't have much of a choice!! I'm sure it will all be ok!! xx

I had my second son last year, 10days after my first sons 17th birthday.

I will be 38 in 7 days and im TTC another baby.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. Enjoy it. :love:

hi hun

clara x

Hi Clara,

Oh a kindred spirit how fabulous!! I am also a health professional and all I see around the hospital are young preganant people and young Mum's and I feel ancient!!

When are you planning on telling the kids? I am definitely going to wait until all the scans and tests are done. I am very worried about the risks and it seems so very long to wait to find out if all is ok......

When I fell pregnant with my daugher I was quite ill, so didn't find out until I was about 14 weeks! Knowing so early this time is lovely in a way, but all I am doing is worrying :roll:

We will have similar due dates, so at least we can go through this worrying, but exciting journey together :)

Mishi.x

hi mishi

sorry didn't see this - hope everything going well?
We're going to tell the children if everything is ok with scans/tests, although morning sickness has hit me like a ton of bricks since xmas and they're wondering why i'm ill. Have told them i have a cold (which i do) but don't think that excuse will last long if the sickness continues.

clara xx

hi hun

clara x

Hi Clara,

Mishi.x

hi mishi

sorry didn't see this - hope everything going well?
We're going to tell the children if everything is ok with scans/tests, although morning sickness has hit me like a ton of bricks since xmas and they're wondering why i'm ill. Have told them i have a cold (which i do) but don't think that excuse will last long if the sickness continues.

clara xx

Hi Clara,

My daughter is at University and decided to spend Christmas with her Dad this year, but she is currently winging her way here and I'm on the couch Ill. It hit me on boxing day. I've told her I'm not well and on antibiotics so can't drink over New Year. I feel awful for lying to her, but I don't want her to have to go through something awful happening - even though I'm not sure how happy she's going to be about the whole thing!

Sorry to hear your feeling rough too. Let's hope it passes for both of us soon.

Michelle.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back