• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

38 and being bamboozled into a shotgun wedding!

Welshy1

Reaction score
Hi all.

Did the wonderful thing of telling close friends and family our baby news this weekend.

Upside - everyone has been very supportive and loving

Downside - I'm being bamboozled into getting married in August as the OH "doesn't want baby to be born out of wedlock" and all of them agree with him!

We're engaged anyway and were planning on getting married in two years or so, so I don't see what the rush is about. We wont get the wedding day we originally wanted and really, what sort of wedding can you plan in 3 months and what will I wear??????

Am I overreacting....................?

:censored:

no not at all. dont let anyone push you into anything! This is yours and your OH's life... you both have to make a joint decision!

Congratulations btw! :D

Have another chat about it, I would want to wait too so you can have exactly the day you want, it won't change a thing anyway! Even the old matching surnames makes no odds these days. We all have different surnames in our house as I refused to change my maiden name, my daughter has her dads name, and this baby will have my hubby's name, or maybe double barreled but our names sound a bit like a bottle of wine together!

My oh and me were planning to get married next year, he doesnt seam to be in a rush to do it and neither sides of family are bothered. Only his Nan but i think thats just because of thats what happend in her day. I wouldnt bring the wedding forward.

If you dont feel ready for that dont get pushed in to anything you dont want to do. A wedding is your perfect day you want it how you want it :)

Thanks all, am def feeling a little out of my depth. I've always planned to marry him and would never not give our child his Surname but I guess we need to talk more without my family there putting their two pennies worth in.

xx

Ahhh.... it's sweet that he's thinking that way... but at the end of the day, if it's not the way you want to do things, then don't. You'll be much happier, waiting and having the wedding / honeymoon you want than rushing into it now and having the rest of your life to say "I wish we'd done this" or "I would have loved to have had this type of venue".

Remember they say..."Marry in haste, repent at leisure"!!! Although it is romantic that he wants to do it before baby arrives :)

If you are sure he is the one then I think it's perfectly possible to plan a fab wedding in 3 months. My brother got married within 3 months of setting the date and it was one of the best weddings I've ever been to. I don't know about everyone else but my wedding was v traditional and had all the trimmings but was planned within a few weeks- we then had to wait a year to actually do it where we pretty much had nothing left to plan or arrange!

You're def not overacting chick x x
Wedlock?! Seriously - it's 2011!? If my OH said that to be I'd be very angry!

OH and I are planning on getting married too (although we're not even engaged yet) but decided to hold off on engagement and marriage because we don't just want to be doing it because we're having a baby x Thats your and OH's special time xxx It's diffrent if thats what you both wanted, but you shouldn't be getting coerced into anything x

You really need to tell your OH how you feel hun xx Don't do it just cause people are telling you too x

On the other hand though, if it's really a BIG issue for your OH, and you were ok with it, i'd consider it aswell xx

My oh and me were planning to get married next year, he doesnt seam to be in a rush to do it and neither sides of family are bothered. Only his Nan but i think thats just because of thats what happend in her day. I wouldnt bring the wedding forward.

If you dont feel ready for that dont get pushed in to anything you dont want to do. A wedding is your perfect day you want it how you want it :)

Totally agree with you chick :) x

You're not overreacting at all hun.
Me and my OH were '******* children' ourselves LOL! But we were there for both our parents weddings in the future. I was bridesmaid at 5 years old at my parents wedding :D My baby brother was also there.

Me and my OH have planned to get married but I don't think we will marry before baby arrives. Money is an issue and wasting it all on a big day that can wait another year or two is silly.

I'd have a chat about it with your OH properly hun, sit down and tell him how you feel. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back