38+1 Belly Cast!

leckershell

Reaction score
Hope this isn't tmi...! It's not like I'm showing you a naked picture or anything, but still..

Just thought you'd be interested to see how my Belly Cast came out! We did it last night, so I was 38+1. A recommendation to anyone else doing it - get your OH to wear trousers that he's prepared to get a little messy... have paper down on the floor... and make sure you are on a chair that's comfy! (my bum hurt after about 10 minutes!!!). Also, get him to really press inbetween your fingers for a good handprint, and make sure you really do cover yourself in the vaseline cos otherwise it'll hurt to take off! It was a bit fragile and droopy too when you take it off, so put it on a scrunched up towel, or balls of newspaper/card to keep it steady. Mine is drying out with a towel underneath the bump and paper underneath the boob bit..! If you leave it to dry and don't support it, it'll sag under it's own weight!

Quite proud of mine :) when it's rock hard I'll varnish it and probably paint it at some point (blue or pick!), and get a permanent marker in a nice colour and write on the baby's name and birth time and date when I know it! Woo :cheer: The odd shape on the side is my hand by the way, you can't see it that clearly as it was quite difficult to do and we were focussing on the rest of it more! It'll look ok painted and sanded down though :)

DSC00054.jpg

Apparently they are best at about 36/37 weeks, but some people do one a month through their pregnancy... :shock: it's a weird feeling when it's setting though and the baby is punching it :rotfl:

That's fantastic looks brilliant

i really like it hunni :)
do you feel better now you have done it?

what do you intend doing with it...

its good :hug:

It looks amazing michelle, you should be proud of such a beautiful bump cast (great boobs you cow!!)

Robyn_ said:
i really like it hunni :)
do you feel better now you have done it?

what do you intend doing with it...

its good :hug:

I don't know yet I'll probably sit it on a shelf in our spare room in our new house (when we eventually move we want a office room with all our collectables on.. ok, my collectables lol) but at the mo I'm not sure. I don't wanna hang it cos knowing me it'll fall off the wall and smash.. so I'll put it top of bookcase in the lounge or something til i find somewhere to put it :) I'll make it blue or pink though and get a glittery glue pen to write the name on etc :)

mrs_tommo22 said:
It looks amazing michelle, you should be proud of such a beautiful bump cast (great boobs you cow!!)

Another tip on the instructions was to not look down once it's been started cos you distort the boob shape.. I did though.. :?

I do feel better for doing it. When I sat on the settee after I'd done it, I looked over at it and couldn't believe I was that shape.. I said to OH is that what I look like lol. Looks bigger than I feel, if that makes sense.

That looks great and what a great way to remember your bump! I would do one but I don't really have anywhere to store it xx

I want one but you wouldnt see my bump cos my drooping boobs would sheild all!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

mrs_tommo22 said:
I want one but you wouldnt see my bump cos my drooping boobs would sheild all!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

LOL How to reply to that... :think:

You could wear a bra?! One that you don't mind putting vaseline all over :? It was funny actually where my hand was cos the wrist bit meant my hand was stuck in there til the thing was hard enough to take off, and cos I was covered in vaseline, my hand was on my belly for like 40 minutes covered in slime :rotfl: little effort was proper punching it once it got hard!

It looks all arty and stuff, but when you're doing it, it's quite unladylike!

That was the whole idea,I wanted to give you all a laugh!!!

But still so shamefully true! :rotfl:

Wow Michelle, it looks amazing!!! :clap:

Good job your OH has done there! And well done to you for your patience too! :clap:

I was thinking of doing it too, then decided I wouldn't, but now - having seen yours - I'm having second thoughts. Well...I still have time left to decide. :think:

Just wish I knew whether to get blue or pink paint! :)

I saw the idea for mine on www.everlastingcastings.co.uk but searched on ebay as the description on the everlasting castings didn't help me much with how it would work and whether there would be enough plaster etc and all the questions I wanted answered. Mine was item 150146435265 on ebay, so if you type that number into the ebay search box it'll bring you up the seller etc. It comes with 3 rolls of plaster but I only needed 2, so there's no worry about whether you'd get enough in the pack or not. By getting mine on ebay I saved a tenner and it arrived next day (she told me she does post office runs in the afternoons so if you did get it from her, do it by lunchtime and you may well have it the next day).

Sorry, I do rant on...

Hey Shell,

Looks fab, so glad it has made you feel better....OH saw pic and fancies having a go to so i think we doing it aswell lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back