• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

36Weeks + baby Movements Questoin ...

tinkerbell*

Reaction score
hello all,
i am now 36weeks plus and i have recently noticed that baby is not moving about asmuch!
on Monday i didnt have any movements all day, so my M/W wanted me monitored, as soon as they put me on monitor, little Monkey kicked and moved so much that the machine kept loosing contact. but he certainly does not move about as much as he did.... he seems more active at night.
i'm not too worried... but i am getting a bit paranoid now about baby movements. has anyone elses decreased??? i've read that this is normal.. i just worry after reading a recent awful post

any reply be very greatful!

lots love paranoide mummy, hehe

I totally understand!!! I've gotten really paranoid after reading that too! It makes you worry that it might happen...

But MW said to me that as long as she moves 10 moves a day - thats 10 individual kicks or movements then I shouldn't worry...

I have also heard they don't seem to move as much as the space in your womb gets less and less.

I know how you feel though. :hug:

Dawn

Baby's movements do slow down towards the end but you should still be getting 10 movements a day. This is what i was advised from the hosp when i went in to get monitored as baby's movements decreased one day.

If you are concerned speak to your midwife xx

What others have said. They are running out of room there.

If you've been monitored and all is well try not to worry overly. If you have a few spells each day lying quietly after a cold drink and feeling your bump I am sure you will feel LO moving, even if they are small movements. Also don't forget babies have longish periods of deep sleep even in the womb so often your LO may be napping and not moving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back