36 week midwife and visit to birth centre

GBLiz

Reaction score
i had an appointment at Darley Birth Centre today. Im booked in just in case i go into labour before 39 weeks, (after that i'll be back home in herts)

you know what, i wish there was a facility like that in my home area! There were 3 different birth rooms- one for waterborth, one for active birth, and one for bed birth. It was all really new i think it was only built a few months ago.

my bump is still measuring at 30cm as it has for about the last 6 weeks!! The midwife said by palpation and measurement the baby measures far too small and she would rush me off for a scan immediately if i hadnt already had one, but she said the scan i had last week proves it all wrong and everything really is fine. Although she said i'd be better off going to term if i can (like you can chose lol) because she is on the smaller side so the more growing time the better.

Blood pressure exactly the same as it has been all the way through, iron levels high , god knows how my iron stays so high when i dont eat meat and ive had the appetite of a small rodent lol

Oh the one bad thing about the appointment, at 34 weeks the midwife said i was 2/5 engaged, but this midwife said she could feel quite a lot of the baby and i'm only 1/5 :evil:

Hi Liz

It is great your iron is up.

I wonder if my bump will still be at 31cm when I go see my midwife, I have another scan when I am 37 weeks, I wonder if I will go full-term, I'd like her to be well cooked and a good weight but hate the idea of being induced.

Can you feel your baby engaged slighly ?

ginny- no i cant feel anything. At 34 weeks i did feel a l more pressure so maybe that is when she engaged initially, but either ive got used to it or my pelvis has changed to accommodate it, or she really has popped back out a bit, because i really dont have that uncomfortable pressure feeling now :?

im the same as you my biggest fear is being induced because that means a hospital ward for sure

i'll be happy with anything from 38 weeks - 10 days over term because any sooner i'd have to go to chesterfield hospital because of her being smaller, and any later i'd have to go to watford general :puke: :puke: to be induced

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back