36 week check

Nicola

Reaction score
Went to the birthing centre for my 36 week check this afternoon due to the move we might or might not get our home birth so viewed as a back up plan. Very much "home from home" we have booked in as our saftey net!!

Anyway baby is 2/5 engaged and I'm measuring at 36.5 weeks...he's head down facing my back so perfectly positioned - midwife told me to "try and hang on another week" so I'm 37 weeks and can have a home birth or birthing centre birth as anytime between now and next Wednesday I'd have to go to the hospital - as soon as she said "try to hold on another week" it really hit home, I'm going to be a Mummy in a week, fortnight etc....very exciting indeed. DH was grinning from ear to ear!!

Urine was clear, blood pressure was perfect...no complaints, problems etc. Looking forward to it happening now. Midwife seemed to think it would be soon so even more excited!!

I'm glad everything is going well for you Nicola. I hope your LO can hang on in there for a few more weeks so you get your home birth. :)

:hug:

it soundls like everything is set to go then :shock: It still doesnt seem real does it (well thats how I feel) Im sure all that pain will make sure I know how real it is!!

Hope you get to move house and sorted out before LO choses to make his appearance :hug:

Fingers crossed if LO holds on till next Wednesday, the 18th then I'll be 37 weeks and can still have a homebirth (have to get to the 18th before I'd be able to have him at home!). I don't think he's coming just yet but everything is going to plan....just the place I'll give birth that's up in the air just now, 37/38 weeks I can have a homebirth, 39/40 I'll have to go to the birthing centre as the new house is a tip (cosmetically speaking, needs painted, cleaned up etc). Exciting though but yeah, I relate to your feelings of it not seeming real TD, I can't believe it either!

im so pleased everything is going well nicola :hug: .

hope lo stays in abit longer

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back