birth centre

charlibear85

Reaction score
i have just come back from the hospital because aparently there is a birth centre there and my midwife had not mentioned it me which i was very anoyed about, a midwife that was there kindly showed me around and gave me a small anti natel check up to see if i would benefit from having my baby there rather than the delivery suite.
when she felt my tummy she asked me if i have had any growth scans yet (which i have not) she said she will book me in for one tomorrow as it seems i am having a very big baby (eeeek) which my midwife also didnt tell me!!!!!

just want to know if they say that the baby is VERY big is it likely that they will start my labour any earlier or tell me i will need a c section as i only have just over 2 weeks left??????

We just had a chat about it in the chat room so I hope that helped a bit!!

Hello Charlotte,

Does that mean that if you have the baby at the birth center will you have a different midwife, might be a good thing if you do!

it wont matter if your baby is born now, everything will be mature enough, plus they might deliver you because if it is large you may not be able to deliver naturally if they leave yo much longer.

Fingers crossed!! :D :D :D

well, went for a growth scan yesterday and the baby weighs 8lb 2oz at the moment and has a generous amount of water around him (they confirmed it was a boy YAY!!!!)
they said that he will be a big baby but he isnt soooooo big that i will have to be started or anything

but unfortunatly,
because he will be a big baby, the midwifes at the birth centre said it would be better if i was on the delivery suite rather than the birth centre, which is a shame! but one of the midwife showed me around the delivery suite while i was there and it looked ok!!!

just gotta wait for him to come out now LOL

only 2 weeks left YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Oooooh exciting innit?!
When i had a tour of the hospital I saw the midwifes unit and the main delivery suite. To be frank both looked much the same to me, although the delivery suite was perhaps a little more clinical with more equipment in it. Lets just think once we are in labour we won't give a toss where we have it as long as it comes out as quickly as possible eh?!?!
Good luck keep us posted xx

i would have really liked to give birth in the birth centre it was soooooooo nice and peacefull, with panpipe music running all the way throught and massage chairs in this really nice room with loads of different coloured lamps and lights (peacefull colours) and the pool room OMG i have never seen anything like it, a really deep bath and it was huge with the lights dim to relax you.

but oh well, the delivery suite was pretty much the same exept no lights or music and no birthing pool.

at least one thing is good though.............. they dont give epidurals in the birth centre, so if i want one now i will be on the delivery suite i can! PHEW!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back