• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

36 week appointment - Breech!

aliciabubba

Reaction score
Has my 36 weeks MW appointment today, MW thinks baby is breech! So have to go see a consultant tomorrow at the hospital. She thinks baby might not be able to move back into head down position due to limited space now. oh dear :roll:

Don't worry too much honey, from what I hear they have ways of making baby move, not always the least painful but they should hopefully try that first :)

xxxx

thanks, i didn't know that! just have to wait till tomorrow. what a little monkey! lol

they mentioned at my antenatal class that if baby is breech then they try and manipulate them round first from the outside, sounds damned un comfy but if it works :), I would ask the consultant when you see them :) xxx

oh dear!!

these babiies do like to cause probs!! but ur consultant may try to turn the baby as many do, but not sure at what stage they try it!!

Good Luck though :) xxx

Mine was breech until 36 weeks then he flipped over.
Apparently, they try to turn them from the outside (involves lots of painful poking and prodding but generally works).
They do this on two seperate attempts.
And only then if that hasnt worked either time, they usually go for the c-section option.
So not all bad hun!
X

thanks girls. I just googled that about the poking and proding they do to move baby to head down position. Im a little scared of that, but will update tomorrow with what happens. thanks for the support xxxxx

I saw them move a breech baby through the tummy on One Born Every Minute - apparently it is not the most comfy experience, but much better than having to go for a C section! Hopefully bubba will move on their own accord soon anyways.

I can easily imagine my naughty Sausage to be breech, spent the most part of pregnancy laying sidewards (according to the kicks anyway)

A friend had to have her baby turned and she said it was uncomfortable and a bit painful but bearable.
Apparently its a good way of practising your breathing too.
Although it hurts, its better than the alternative.
My friend was given the option of going straight for an elective c-section or whether she wanted them to try and turn it.
Whichever you choose, fx and hope it all goes well.
You'll be fine hun x

Try not to worry hun, I had a scan at 36 weeks cos he was breech, but 2 weeks later had another scan and he'd turned :)
Do things like if you go on all fours, and sorta swing yourself from bum on feet to forward almost so bump touches the floor. That's what I did, make sure you don't fall though :)
Good luck tomorrow, wgatever happens don't let doctors , mid wives, or ppl that think they know everything try and worry you, it will be fine :) xx

thanks girls! i will update you all tomorrow! lets hope he/she moves back to the snug position of head down lol! xxx

There are some yoga moves that are supposed to help turn breach babies, the only one I can remember from class is to lay on your back with your knees bent and feet facing forward, then lift up you bum so your body makes a triangle shape if that makes sense. Not sure if it works but worth a shot, google might offer a better explanation if mines no good.
Best of luck.

well ladies, baby is not breeched! yay!! don't think my MW could tell which was head or bum lol. but baby is healthy and happy and I also saw baby yawn on screen so cute! Head is right in the pelvis, so who knows when labour will be lol..baby now weighs 6 pound 12. Apparently that's a good size at this stage! xxx

Don't you dare go before me lol!
So pleased baby isn't breech :) xx

hey hun really glad baby isnt breech!! did you ask about hair?? and ur baby is defo a good size mine was 5lb 14oz yesterday and im only a few days in front of you lol :) xx

Yay that is great news for you :)

and what a fab weight :)

xxxx

I did ask about the hair! But she said baby's head is too much in the pelvis to see now! oh well another surprise for me and OH lol! I had a full head of hair when I was born, so maybe baby will take after me lol. They felt my tummy first before scan and she goes oh wow this is a big baby, and im like oh great!! But they reckon its a good size so hopefully I don't go overdue so baby doesn't put too much fat on. Head is measuring 35 weeks and 3 days, Legs 34 weeks and 2 days and tummy 39 weeks and 3 days! So consultant said we like chubby babies! haha lets hope its easy to squeeze bub out! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatema53
Back