35+ With UnderActive Thyroid TTC 1st Time

Anli

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Any more ladies like me out there who are 35+ who have been suffering from an Under-Active thyroid like myself for over 10 years and are ttc for the first time?

Would like to hear about your experiences..........

Anli

i'm 37 and i have an overactive thyroid was digonised with it when i was pregnant with my 3rd son who is now nearly 10. Are u on medication and if so which one?
I also have high blood pressure, calcuim defenicy ad vitamin b12 defenicy which i have injections for.
Were TTC my 4th and my OH 3rd child have been trying for about 3 months.

Hi Babystar,

Yes I have been on Thyroxine ever since i've been diagnosed, but the dosages have varied. I started off at 150mg, but then doctors realised my condition was far too severe for that capacity of dosage, so they shot it up to 200mg.

After about 4 years of me being diagnosed, I started a job which required me to do night shift. About a month into this job, I felt awful, didnt know what it was and my doctor increased it by another 100mg taking it to 300mg.

I did 2 years of nights, and then came onto earlies. As soon as I came onto earlies my dosage came down by 100mg back to 200mg. I have been stable with the 200mg since the past 5 odd years now.

The only thing that has affected my condition now to be honest is the fact that over the first 3 years of the last 5 years, i didnt take me medication properly, i took if i remembered or else I didnt bother with it.

This resulted in my having hay-wild mensturations, extensively heavy and uncontrollable. It's been about 2 years since I've just undergone treatement with a gyny which involved taking blood flow controlling pills and also keeping a strict day to diary noting my intake of my thyroxine.

I had to be honest and state whenever I missed it. That actually got me on track in NOT to miss it. So ever since I have tried my best not to miss it, I do occassionally forget to take it, but as a norm, do take it and it has made a world of a difference.

My periods are much much more regular, in fact I have managed to maintain a cycle of 28 days and my periods are spot on time, and also my flow is so much better than before although I still experience a quite a bit of clotting.

I'm a bit concerned because over the years i've not been sexually active. To be honest i feel like a "virgin" at times!!! :)

I've been with my husband 11 years, but only been married just under 4 years.

We've had a very unstable relationship over the years which has just settled since the past 2-3 years by the grace of god.

Because of all this stress and unbalanced relationship we were not perfoming a sexual relationship. But since October 2010 we have slowly become more active upto now and have really been ttc since last month.

I'm so concerned about conceiving and having a healthy baby. My body has coped with so much stress and not being sexually active is raising concerns to me about the impacts on conceiving, and if I do conceive, the impacts it may have on the baby.

Do you have anything to add from knowledge or experience?

Hi Anli

Most of the things you mention are way outside my knowledge/experience however maybe one worry I can help ease - I really don't think the sexual inactivity itself makes a (negative) difference, as I was for about a year & half and when that changed got pregnant immediately.

Good luck with everything :clover:

xx

hi Anli,
I'm on 150mcg of thyorixne, plus other medication, i had my thyroid taken out in 2003 which has left me with a scar on my neck. I came off the pill in Aug after 9 years, it has been quite hard controlling my thyroid levels as i also developed a calcium defecincy after the operation.
Me and my OH have been TTC for about 4 months, i have 3 boys 14, 13 and 9 from a previous marriage and my OH has 2 teenage kids from his previous marriage.
But have had no luck yet but AF due next week so fingers crossed, hope you have a BFP soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back