35 week appointment today :o)

claireyfairey

Reaction score
Hi all :wave:

I had such a brilliant appointment today! :cheer: For once my MW wasn't up to her eyeballs at the surgery, so I got to spend some more time with her - she even made me a cup of tea! We sat and chatted about the baby and about my partner, and she had a student MW with her and she was saying 'Claire and Will were at my parent craft classes and they were such a big help etc etc' singing our praises which made me go :D

Anyway, down to the nitty gritty! Still measuring 1 week ahead, so I am measuring 36 weeks. Baby is still 3/5ths engaged (so she can feel 2/5ths) so that's all good :) Heart rate was 150 - 158bpm, and baby stuck her foot out at the MW in protest (and it was promptly tickled and wriggled away, which was very amusing!) Haha. My blood pressure was 120/76 so that's all good.....can't think if there's anything else to report!

Oh, I asked her to guess how big she thinks baby will be at full term, and she guesses at 8lbs :shock: That's bigger than I had guessed (I am still thinking 7lbs 8oz) but there's not long til we get to find out now! :dance: Next appointment will be at 37 weeks, September 11th - scary stuff! So all in all, a really good appointment :)

C xxx

Glad yours went well hun! :cheer:

Awww that's lovely what she said about you & Will at the class! So, you didn't make a complete tool of yourself after all! xx

Nopes :) She was really singing Will's praises actually, saying how caring and kind he is. I asked him when I got home whether his ears were burning :lol: It's nice that I get on with MW (Tracey) so well, I really wish she could deliver my LO as I feel so comfortable with her but sadly she's just a community MW so she does visits and home births only :( She is going to make sure she comes to check on me and the baby after she's born though which will be nice :)

I see you have an induction booked for next Saturday! Fingers crossed you won't need it hun :hug:

C xxx

Your midwife sounds fab, I can't ever imagine being offered a cup of tea at any of my appointments.

I have to see the GP at my next one, my midwife isn't in clinic the week I'm booked in. She only comes to our surgery once a week.

:eek: Tea? Your lucky! Heheeee! Awww its great that you have a supportive midwife you hear too much about ones being rubbish so its really nice to hear that yours is good too! xx

Glad you had a great appointment :D Aww not long to go now :)

And how cute that she stuck out her foot :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back