32 week scan today - mixed results

Thanks for your wishes lovely ladies. I had the most unhelpful appointment this morning. The consultant was quite offish with me and kept saying that we just have to wait and see and that she's not going to whip the baby out now. I never asked her to! I have a GTT on Thursday to see if diabetes is the cause and then another consultant appointment at 36 weeks to see if I will be induced or not. If not then another scan at 37 weeks!

I have decided that positive thinking and staying focused on meeting my little girl is the way forward. Oh, and that technology is shit and more worry than it's worth!!!

xx

i think your right technology can cause more stress sometimes. gla the consultant doesn't seem too botherd though hopefully thats a god sign better than panic stations.

I hate it when people are just rude!! Love your positive thinking though as I'm sure everything is fine! xx

this is what the results on a checker thing comes up with on your LO

HC in mm : Gestational Age =36.58weeks
AC in mm : Gestational Age = 38.07weeks
FL in mm : Gestational Age = 33.03weeks

my 28+2 week scan brought my babies size up as
HC in mm : Gestational Age = 30.14weeks
AC in mm : Gestational Age = 27.14weeks
FL in mm : Gestational Age = 26.19weeks

just goes to show how much a babies size can vary :) they said she is growing normal whatever normal is so hopefully your LO had a lil growth spurt i wouldnt go off the weight as nobody i know as ever been close to what they estimate

Last edited:
Hey chick; sorry things are troublesome... are you under a consultant or midwife led care..? If a consultant why are you under one..?

I hope all turns out okay sweet xxx

Midnight, you are my font of knowledge and I love you.

Merfairy, I was under mw led care until this morning! And the only reason is because of the concerns about baby's abdomen and size.

xx

Midnight, you are my font of knowledge and I love you.

I was thinking the exact thing! Midnight u are ace, your like the duty researcher/put everyones minds at easer!

Wish- ^what midnight said^ and...Keep the positivity flowing... I hope it all turns out fine xxxx

haha careful my head may swell lol

being possitive is the best way it gets you through most things :)

ive been told that much rubbish throughout my pregnancies i tend not to believe everything they say my 1st was meant to be 5-6lb she was 7lb 10oz and i know not everybody as the same size baby all 4 of mine have been totally different sizes

if i believed 100% in drs diagnosis my daughter wouldnt be here they said she had a viral infection only to be diagnosed with meningitis a few hours later im glad i went with my gut :)

as a mummy trust your gut instinct

haha careful my head may swell lol

being possitive is the best way it gets you through most things :)

ive been told that much rubbish throughout my pregnancies i tend not to believe everything they say my 1st was meant to be 5-6lb she was 7lb 10oz and i know not everybody as the same size baby all 4 of mine have been totally different sizes

if i believed 100% in drs diagnosis my daughter wouldnt be here they said she had a viral infection only to be diagnosed with meningitis a few hours later im glad i went with my gut :)

as a mummy trust your gut instinct

Well you're in good company, according to the scan results, my baby has a swollen head, mahoosive tummy and little legs! Now that is quite an image! I find it really reassuring to hear that they can get sizes wrong...as long as she doesn't come out even bigger than they are estimating :shock:

My instinct tells me that baby is fine so I am going to stick with that until I'm told definitively otherwise.

xx

and if it turns out to be GD a lil tweak of your diet for a while and maybe having her a little early :) all will be grand and if it was something major the consultant would be more worried

just realised you could que jump me :(

mines got little legs which can indicate problems if you read into it all but they dont take in to account that my dh is a short arse

Yes, GD I can handle, I'd do anything for her, even giving up all the chocolate (she says as she eats a whole easter egg!)

xx

haha get it all in now i think having the test is the only way to tell isnt it?

Hi hun, hope everything turns out ok...like midnight says, measurements and technology can be really misleading.

My measurements at 34 weeks were:

Head - 334.0mm

Abdomen - 323.0mm

Femur - 69.0mm

Est weight - 6lb 5oz

Mine is 97th percentile too, but they don't seem too worried...they just say he is big, but not too big! I can see yours is a little bigger but not toooo much. Did you have steroids when you had that episode of bleeding cause of your low placenta? I did and I wonder if that makes baby shoot up because mine was normal before then!!

Your consultant sounds rubbish...it annoys me so much when people brush you off and are rude!! Think positive - if it's just that you're having a big baby it isn't the end of the world...as long as she's healthy :) xxx

you know when they take the AC do you think they take it more than once because now our babies will be breathing in the fluid to practice so if you breath in you AC will be bigger anyway or do they just do 1 shot everytime ive seen them they get the bit they need do a still shot then measure it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back