32 week scan results.

leannesxb

Reaction score
Back from the 32 week scan and baby is measuring a little below average at 3lb 12ozs. Consultant was running way behind so the nurse came out and said he had looked at the scan and we were fine to go. Didn't even speak to him or get any explanation of the scan results and didn't even write in my notes!!! Bit gutted!

The thing thats concerning me slightly is the babies Biparietal diameter is showing at 35 weeks age and Head circumference is 34 weeks. However the abdominal circumference and femur length is showing at 30 weeks. I'm really concerned that the head is so big and the baby is so small! Any mw's etc out there that can help????

Isn't it horrible when they don't have the time to talk the results through with you and then we have to try and find out for ourselves what it all means...? Really sorry but I don't know what your measurements mean in terms of baby's size. Hope someone can help you work it all out. Xx

At our 33 week scan everything was measuring different weeks too. The technologist said that different parts of the baby grow at different rates and everything would catch up. I am sure if they were worried they would have told you. Xx

Can you not ring up MW and ask her hun if you are concerned at all. I would thin its pretty normal that different parts of the body develop at different rates. I would be a bit miffed tho that they hadnt actually explained everything xx

I have mw tomorrow so will chat to her about it then. What annoyed me the most was ok if he was running behind and didn't need to see me he could have at least wrote in my notes. He didn't even bother writing anything!!

I think I am just being over paranoid really. It seems reasonable that everything grows at different rates but I came out having visions of a baby with a giant head in there. lol. x

LOL im sure AJ is perfectly in proportion xx I would be annoyed too tho

My 20 week scan showed a baby with a belly a fair bit bigger than the gestational age. I think they grow at different rates hun so don't worry too much about it. I'm sure they would have told you if there was anything to be concerned about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back