32 day cycle and ttc age 32

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by bubbaj, Jan 28, 2016.

1. bubbaj

bubbaj Active Member

Hello ladies, title says it all 😊 I am 32 and ttc, I had the mirena coil taken out in September 15 and since then luckily I have had 4 regular periods.
    3 of them were 32 days but the 1 af cycle I had in November to December was only 28 days so I o'd 14/15 days after.
    My question is how come all my other af's have been 32 days and that 1 at 28 days? I have just had a 32 day cycle which going from 20/12 to 21/01, will I ov at Same time as I would on a 28 day cycle or be later as I was 32 day cycle?
    We tried over Christmas with no luck 😖
    Any advice and help very much appreciated, thanks x

2. BabyFrog

BabyFrog Well-Known Member

Normally the Luteal phase (the time after OV to AF) is 14 days or there abouts, and doesn't change cycle to cycle, so on a longer cycle you would have OVd later.

I say normally, because sometimes people can have a Luteal phase one day shorter or one day longer on any cycle.

This is good for info http://blog.kindara.com/blog/what-is-a-luteal-phase-and-why-is-it-important

#2 BabyFrog, Jan 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  3. bubbaj

bubbaj Active Member

Thank you for your reply baby frog 😊, info was very helpful x

4. BabyFrog

BabyFrog Well-Known Member

No problem, good luck :)

5. bubbaj

bubbaj Active Member

Thanks, I will let you know if it's a bfn or bfp in a couple of weeks, I have everything crossed lol! I got very stressed last cycle about it all, so going to try to keep calm and not look into things too much this cycle and hopefully I will have a little sticky bean this time 😊