31+5 Midwife/Doctors

abcd1234

Reaction score
And i've come back in tears!!!

Ok so my GP surgery have been pretty useless throughout this pregnancy, messing around appointments etc, but when i've rung and been worried they've been very helpful.

So anyway, not sure why but todays appointment was with a GP rather then a midwife. I was told it would be my GP, who i dont even know well, when i rang on monday i was told it was with a male doctor i'd never met before (not great but ok)

So i turn up today, tell them i'm here, go pee, and i've been called in, all it says is to Dr.....'s room, i have no idea where that is, so i ask recception, then i go to the room, walk in and theres some women doctor and a bloke with a baby in there!! So she told me to wait outside.

When she calls me again she says she called but i never came, WTF, it must have take me a minute max to find the room!!! So she did my blood pressure, dipped my wee, found heartbeat, didnt bother with fundal height, and sent me away. I'm feeling a little disappointed as i wanted my blood results from last time a and everything she did i could have done at home. I asked for a mat B form for uni, she said no midwife must give it.

So i left, went to reception, asked them about talking to midwife, they told me i had to see nurse in treatment room anyway and she could asks midwife, so i sat for half an hour until i asked why i hadnt been called, she then was told i didnt have to see the nurse as the usual one isnt in (i could deal with this jsut about, as it's not her fault if she's not told stuff) so i told her i needed my mat B form. She told me to just go down to midwifes room.

So i go down but its engaged, after 10 mins no-one leaves so i go back up and ask if its possible for them to ring through and let them know all i want is a mat B form. So reception asks about it and they say midwives are too busy and to come back later, so i got a bit annoyed cos i need the mat B form today, she says i should ocme back in 3 hours!! So i got really mad started the whole iv'e been here over an hour and have been fucked around. So she starts asking why i need it so i expalin and she tries telling me i dont need it for uni, i was like well you try telling the student advisors i dont, i need proof of pregnancy and thats what a mat B form is!! I've had one for work, i should really get one ot claim benefits, and i need one for uni. So i walked out, rang my mum (cos she works with midwives) and burst in to tears, i was crying the whole way home, i've jsut had enough of being fobbed off.

I didnt get my bloods, i didnt get my mat B form, i didnt get my gaviscon, i didnt get my fundal taken (i know its spot on cos i did it myself!!)

All i left with was huge mascara runs down my face!!!

I've never liked our GP surgery, i'd rather go to walk in centre then go see "my" doctor. And i wouldnt normally cry but i've not been sleeping well either and its all building up :( and to top it off i cant get a hold of Dave to moan :wall:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Sounds like an awful experience and i'd have been annoyed and upset too!
I've had to have a couple of apps with my GPs and they have been nothing but useless - one of them told me he didn't know why i bothered going! . - yet it was my midwife who told me to as they share the check-ups! He did the routine checks, said nothing and rather than using a doppler he used his stethoscope so i didn't get to hear LO I made sure my next GP app was with a different doc but it still was no use!

GRRRRR i'd write a letter of complaint, it may not do much but they should know how awful their service is. I hope you get what you need soon xxxx :hug: :hug: :hug:

Awww sorry it was a crap morning for you. And even worse because those lovely little things called hormones seem to magnify it all.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Hopefully you can call them before going down there again to ensure the Mat B form is ready and waiting. Don't be afraid to be firm with them over the phone. You are heavily pregnant and don't need to be going down there wasting your time and energy.

If they continue to give you shoddy service today enquire nicely who you make a written complaint to at the practice etc. Might shake them into action a bit. Just be nice through gritted teeth about it :roll:

Ask to speak to the practice mananger. That often gets things moving!

What a waste of time they were :hug: :hug: :hug:

sounds like you had a nightmare! :hug: hope you feeling better now xx

What a rubbish practice - definitely complain you shouldnt be treated like that :hug:

Bullshit the GP can't do a MAT 1B form, mine did my one.
Useless males.

Sandi

I now have my mat b form :cheer: its from one of the midwives at my mums surgery. I feel better about that now, but my heart burn is really playing up and i feel determined not to go out and buy some when i shoudl get it free on prescription.

I may ask someone to come with me to my next appointment as i dont want something similar happening and my hormones taking over.

I'm still not happy about it all though :(

Sometimes it is best to take support with you.

My mom had to get me some of her repeat Gaviscon...Everytime I mentioned my chronic heartburn, they kept telling me I could buy it :x :x :evil:

How very dare they?!? :x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back