saw a midwife today

muppetmummy

Reaction score
I say a midwife cos thats the third time I've been to the midwife, and it was the third midwife I've seen. They've all been lovely though so doesn't really matter who appears for the birth.

Everything is fine, no glucose in my wee (was expecting my wee to be pure sugar with all the choccy I've been eating recently! :oops: ), checked blood pressure, had my bloods done to double check for glucose and iron levels, and she listened to babys heartbeat and had a feel. He was head down again (he was head up at the 4d scan last week).
I told her I had a doppler and she didn't seem to mind unlike some midwifes I've heard of.
She did the fundal vodoo but didn't seem at all bothered when I measured 29 weeks, she can probably tell the extra week is choccy, not baby!

I got my MAT1B form and the results from my triple test (1 in 1200 so low risk).

She asked where I wanted to give birth and I said the midwife unit (me and OH had a big talk about it last night and he's really not happy about a home birth, due to lack of medical stuff if anything goes wrong, the extra costs involved (buying a pool) and hassle (having to fill and empty pool and clean up any blood).
Midwife said I can give birth in the pool at the midwife unit, no need to get out for delivery :cheer: :cheer:
She'll arrange for us to visit the unit at around 36 weeks to discuss my birth plan.

I asked her about Group B strep tests and she said she didn't think they were worth doing. Apparantly you can be negative at the time of the test and then go onto get it before the birth. Apparantly a large number of the population will be positive but it's very hard to transmit to the baby unless the waters break early or something. She said of pregnant women who have it only 20% will pass it to baby. If you have a test and it's positive you have to give birth in hospital attached to an IV and stay in for 2 days afterwards, when it's unlikely the baby would catch it anyway :think:

Also got a big bottle of gaviscon for free! I love freebies! :cheer: :cheer:

Sounds like everything is going swimmingly for you. It's lovely to have a nice bunch of MW's too :)

I'm the same as you, 3 appointments and 3 different midwives which is a bit frustrating but 2 of them have been really nice, the third a bit of a jobsworth but she meant well! Glad things are going well for you, I have my 30 week check tomorrow, and yes, I still get stupidly excited about the mundane tests and measurements they do! :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back