3 month old with cold not drinking all her formula

sayer82

Reaction score
my little girl has a cold and I'm worried she hasn't drunk enough formula today. she normally drinks between 750-850ml* but not yesterday but day before she only drank 690ml* and was a bit grumpy then yesterday she developed snuffy nose and slight* cough and was really grumpy and because she hadn't drunk much day before she woke at 3.30 hungry normally doesn't wake till 6-7 so had an extra feed yesterday and in total had 930ml but today she's only had 580ml* I'm so worried she's going to get dehydrated. I have been giving her calpol* and using nasasol for her stuffy nose. I'm hoping she'll wake earlier again just to get another feed in tomorrow. what's the minimum amount of formula a baby needs a day x

don't know what all the * are about but ignore them lol

Don't have any advice hun but hope she's better soon :hug: xxxxxxxx

It sounds like the cold has just taken it's toll on her. When Angel had a really bad cold I think she only managed 16oz and I was really worried too. We took her to the docs and he said it can take a lot for a baby to get dehyrated and he said even though 16oz isn't a lot compared to her usuall 32oz it's still enough for her and just told me to keep offering xx Hope your LO gets better soon xx

thanks Lauren that's eased my mind a bit. she's still having wet nappies and has tears when she crys which I know are good signs think if she's still the same Monday I'll take her to Drs x

Yeah she sounds fine hun but I know how worrying and horrible it is. It really scared me as she also had a temp and was generally not herself, then the following day she perked up and the day after she was pretty much back to normal. I hate it when she goes off her milk it's so worrying but sounds like your LO is fine esp with the wet nappies and tears etc. The soft spot also sinks when they get dehyrated so that's another one to look out for xx

she's always had a bit of a dip on her soft spot and if anything it looks a little rounder thinks its cos she all mucousy

If she's taking feeds (even a bit less) the docs will probably just tell you to keep an eye on her to be honest. My l/o had a horrible cold (I think hayfever) and had difficulty feeding but they weren't worried cos he was still taking some milk even though less than usual x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back