Too Much Sleep?! 11 weeks Old

Jade&Evie

Reaction score
Evie goes off into a deep sleep around 9pm and then we dream feed her about 11pm when we go to bed. After that she'll sleep until about 7 but then drops straight back off again... it's now 10.15am and she's still asleep :shock: She'll also have a nap about 2pm for an hour roughly and another about 5pm :?

I'm worried that she's getting too much sleep and not enough milk- she was weighed yesterday and she's 10lb 8oz (she was 6lb 6oz when she was born) which is 4oz a week gained since last weigh in. Before she started sleeping through she was gaining about 8oz a week :think:

Obviously I don't want her to wake up in the night but I'm a bit worried she's too sleepy.

No hunni shes fine, all babie have different sleep patterns and when there really young it can be hit and miss to everyone elses kids - so dont compare them!

If shes asleep let her asleep, as long as shes sleeping well at night Jade you have nothing to worry about.

Whens shes a bit older she may or may not settle into a more established sleeping pattern.

Make the most of the peace. :hug:

I am not an expert and I often worry about the same thing - is my little one sleeping too much becasue she isn't getting enough milk. (That certainly was the case in the early weeks) However - I just wanted to reassure you about the weight gain. I have read in several books that babies weight gain slows down after the first two months, so maybe that is the reason she has gone from gaining 8oz to 4oz.

My little one was 7lb 7oz at birth and now only weighs 10lb 4oz. I initially was very stressed about her slow weight gain - but I have chilled out a bit. She is gaining and she is developing very well, so who cares if she drifts between the 9th and 2nd centiles?

It sounds as though your little one is developing and gaining, so try not to worry too much. I am sure she will sort her sleepiness. If you're really worried, maybe another dream feed around 2 or 3am may help? (I think I would try that - but remember, I am no expert!!) Hope it all goes ok honey :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

thomas sleeps alot aswell hun
he will sleep from 7pm till atleast 6am everynight with no feeds,
and then he will have atleast a few hours kip in the day more if we are out as he falls asleep in the buggy
xx

Hehe lucky you :)

Unitl the past week Galen never slept during the day, just the occasional power nap. And he never slept through the night. He's done so only once properly.

Babies sleep as they need to. Some more than others. If she is active and happy when awake I'd not worry. She obviously needs that amount of sleep atm.

Oh mine with sleep ......just sleeps all the time....

I would worry Lily used to sleep about 16-18hrs a day at Evies age :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back