What's wrong with her?

Lola's Mummy

Reaction score
My little girl just will not go to sleep on a night like she used to and she's waking up about 3 times each night :shock:

She used to go to bed from 7.30 to 8.30 and wake for a feed at 5.30 then go straight back to sleep till 7.00/9.00

There's nothing wrong with her that i can find, she's had a feed, changed nappy etc. She can hardly keep her eyes open but she will not go to sleep. If i try to put her in her moses basket she just screams her little head off.

It's like she's frightened she's going to miss out on something. What's wrong with her?, I'd love to be able to go to sleep :sleep: :sleep:

Could she be teething? I found with ds that he started doing this and he was actually teething and in pain and it just made him clingy and insecure and I got not a lot of sleep.

or maybe she needs to start weaning?

I don't think she's teething because if i bring her down stairs she's fine again and will even play with her toys etc even though she can hardly keep her eyes open.

She only starts screaming when i try to put her in her moses basket there's never and tears though just screams :think:

Charlotte was like this over xmas, and i thought it was teething etc etc. She started from sleeping through 8pm -6/7M to waking once to waking 3 hourly again with a week and a half!! We didnt think she was hungry as she seemed fine once she woke up properly in morning.

We spoke to health visitor who told us to try feeding her 3 hourly instead or 4 hourly during the day (she was only on 4 bottles), and to try hungry baby milk. Anway she started to improve straght away waking just once and last 3 nights hasnt woken till 6 and 730 this a.m!! SO it appears it was hunger and HV told us to start slowly weaning as she is 17 weeks tomorrow.

Hope you sort out what the problem is. Oh and my LO was the same as she was just screaming when i put her into cot when he had woken, like she jus wanted to be held but it must have just comforted her.

SOrry for the long reply :oops:

Lola is breastfeeding so i'll try offering the boob more in the day and see what happens :pray:

It's baby clinic tomorrow so i'll ask HV about it.

Thanks ladies :hug:

Ryan's been going down at 7pm like usual but has started waking again at 12 and 4 even tho he has a breastfeed and a 9oz bottle before he goes down at 7pm. The HV's told me to increase the baby rice during the day and do i twice instead of once.

It's really getting to me though, I may start giving the 12 midnight feed as a bottle - that should keep him down lol

OMG thats exactly what happened with us! millie used to sleep thru with only one nite-feed and at 4 months she started waking more and more in evenings and during the nite. its so hard isnt it!

i thought it was that she needed weaning, but no- she's on 3 meals a day plus substituted one BF with formula and she still doesnt sleep like she used to :wall:

hav u read this thread

Ummm..... growth spurt maybe?

Very Very common around 4 months its the time when they have one of the worst, but it doesn't mean that you should wean.

Keep nursing more in the day and after a week or more it should settle until the next one :lol:

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/normal/growth-spurt.html

Go with your instincs and dont take what Hv says as gosspal most of them talk through their bum hole :roll:

Well i went to see my HV today and she said Lola will grow out of it in a month or so :shock: She also said the best thing to do would be to just let her cry and i can't do that. I hate it when she cries :(

trixipaws - I hope it's not separation anxiety because that means things are only going to get worse :(

Isaac was like that until around 5months old, I never figured it, and I tried EVERYTHING to settle him, just used to lay with him on bed and when he was asleep, sneak out, then move him to his cot later, if that didn't work I'd just co-sleep.

Yes HV's can preach the same thing over and over, Tasha's right in that you should do what feels right for you, whether that be feeding wise or sleeping wise :hug:

Very best wishes, I really hope she calms down and settles again for you :hug: How blooming funny is it though when you bring them into the living room and they smile their head off :eek: :lol: (Obviously I know there's times when its not funny, and many a night I cried my eyes out too.) Get support from OH so its not just you trying everything, if you can, it sounds like she just wants to be near you to me :hug: :hug: :hug:

Could she be growing out of the moses basket? We had to move Ellie from the moses basket to the cot at about 2months not because she kept growing out of it but because she wanted to spread her arms out each side and kept thumping the side. I wonder if she is feeling to enclosed looking at her age.

Lola's Mummy said:
Well i went to see my HV today and she said Lola will grow out of it in a month or so

:rotfl: Aren't HV's funny lol! I used to have a little boy who slept once upon a time lol! Still waiting....!

I'm pretty sure its his teeth. He's been teething since about 12 weeks and is really struggling with the top ones which havent come through yet and I'm sure thats what wakes him in the night.

Minime said:
Lola's Mummy said:
Well i went to see my HV today and she said Lola will grow out of it in a month or so

:rotfl: Aren't HV's funny lol! I used to have a little boy who slept once upon a time lol! Still waiting....!

I'm pretty sure its his teeth. He's been teething since about 12 weeks and is really struggling with the top ones which havent come through yet and I'm sure thats what wakes him in the night.

I know i'm sure most of them don't have children :)

Nicky_Jones said:
Could she be growing out of the moses basket? We had to move Ellie from the moses basket to the cot at about 2months not because she kept growing out of it but because she wanted to spread her arms out each side and kept thumping the side. I wonder if she is feeling to enclosed looking at her age.

thats the first thing which came into my mind also as she is so tired when she wakes up - does she fall back asleep if u have her in the bed for 10 minutes?? Amber had a few nights of this......

Amber sleeps so much better in her cot because she like stretching her arms out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back