3 hour car journey 1 week before due date

Froggy153

Reaction score
Hi

I am very early into my pregnancy, but have discovered that my due date is one week after my sister in law's wedding. Both my husband and I are very stressed about the fact that there is a clash here. We have known the wedding date for a long time. The wedding is a 3hour drive from our home (without stopping). Will I be able to attend? This is my first pregnancy, so I have noidea whatto expect. A number of my friends have given birth a week or more after their due date.

I would be grateful for your advice.

Thanks.

Its a tough one but when they know about the baby I am sure they will understand if you can't make it. If you feel ok maybe split the journey over two days and stay at a hotel xxxxx

basically doesnt matter how many kids uve already got or if its your first time round, babies can come at any point (hence babies being born as early as 23 weeks - bet the moms didnt expect that one lol) but it is very likely you will go before your due date with your first unless there are things like previous history of it and other medical conditions.

you will be perfectly fine going hun, if you want take your notes and hospital bag with you so if god forbid (but i really wouldnt count on it) u do go into labour you can just go to a local hospital they wont turn you awway x

Just go with the flow near the time, don't stress or worry about it now! Sure your SIL will be very understanding and not mind if seeing how you feel right near the time. 3 hours isn't far really just take your bag and notes if baby isn't here or take baby if it is! You don't need to become a hermit near your due date as like Roxane said babies come when they want anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back