3 door car - nightmare or fine?

babylove2016

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a Mini Cooper, but it's a three door, not five. I wonder if any of you have some insight to share as to whether it's a real struggle getting a baby and/or car seat into and out of the back of a 3 door car... or if it's totally fine?

My seats fall back on me when I am getting into and out of the back of the car but I'm sure I can hold that back with my bum :oooo:.

H xx

I imagined it would be a complete nightmare but I know someone who has a 3 door and she says it’s fine. My biggest concern with a mini would be fitting travel system/ buggy/ etc in the boot. Have you got yours yet? The reason I mention that is because I know someone else who had to change her beloved mini because their buggy just wouldn’t fit in. Xx

it's fine to start with but it's a bit tougher when they get heavier

Nightmare, nightmare, nightmare.... Trying to get your child in and out of the car is such a chore. And hardly any boot space (you'll need a lot of boot space).

We have survived with DD but I hope to God we can afford another car before having no. 2!!

Oh I'm so glad you all said that! I had a service yesterday and managed to get a contract change to a Countryman, massive boot, five doors... phew! Thank you ladies, you've made me sure I've done the right thing, even if it will cost me £40 extra a month! xx

I had a 3 door with my first, a clio, put her behind me with no issues, then moved her to a front seat passenger a year or two ago now got a fiat 500, and at 27 weeks preg currently dont think we will struggle too much, it’s easy after a few trail runs to get said child / car seat out, :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back