3/5ths engaged??

lmarszall

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just got back from midwife and the monster is 3/5ths engaged. Not really sure if that means anything. He wasn't engaed wednesday when i had my scan??

She said hes in a good position with his back to my left side.

Maybe its because i spent the evening sat on a birthing / excercise bal to help my back!

I also discussed my dates with her and she agreed it was wierd how they have varied so much and we don't really know when he's due!! But she said big baby's aren't a problem and they don't do anything about it if he is big they just wait and see what happens. So i hope he is early as i think by te 13th he will have trouble getting out, lol!

So what do we think about the 3/5ths engaged thing??

Love Lau
xx

right through my notes sinse 36 weeks ive got N/eng, Eng, 3/5, N/eng, 3/5 eng....and then Not eng AGAIN. its well done my head in.

ive realised that obviously ive never been fully engaged, but keep bobbing in and out most being 3/5ths. I think its normal - and my baby is in the same posistion as yours has been sinse about 35weeks. :) - its all a good sign things are in the right place :)

Cool,

Thanks hun!

At least now i have an excuse for the back pain and bladder twinges. He must suddenly headbutt me in my bits as sometimes i feel like i'm randomly going to pee myself, lol! Then it goes away! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Lau
x

Hope baba decideds to say there and boogie on down a bit more for you. As said they can go in and out like i feel mine is,i can walk again this morning :cheer:

My baby has been 3/5 engaged for the last 2 midwife visits. It seems to mean that I walk like a duck and need to pee A LOT - especially if the baby moves!!

I've been told that it's normal for them to move in and out of engaged position - and that being however many fifths enaged doesn't mean that labour is imminent!

mmh i've never seem this in my notes... i thought when you engaged that you ready to POP

obviously not :oops:

At my last appoinment the baby was 4/5 engaged but I've just seen the midwife today and she said his head is just floating about and on my notes it says 'Free' so he must keep bobbing up and down :lol:

I've never seen it before, he's always been 'free' but guess he got bored!

Or maybe it was sitting on the excersice ball / birthing ball last night, lol!

Lau
x

i dont think my LO's been anywhere near engaged lol :roll:

This may help with the baby engaging question, as ever, LO decides when hehe :hug:

"As your baby grows towards the end of pregnancy, the shape of your uterus, your liver and intestines encourage your baby's presenting part (usually head, but sometimes bottom) to dip down into the pelvic cavity. This can occur as early as 33 or 34 weeks, but may not happen before labour starts. If the baby engages in the pelvis early this does not mean that you will give birth early. Usually the baby will engage in the pelvis by 37 to 38 weeks, but this process can also be affected by lots of other things"

http://www.babycenter.com.au/pregnancy/ ... eadengage/

Hi

Glad all seems to be well for you and LO
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member