2nd time - better luck? (inshallah)

Noor~ul~Usman

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Well I last came on here around 8-9 months ago :D and this is actually my 2nd preganacy.

Last time the egg didn't implant properly but I went a full 3 months until my body started to naturally miscarry - the day before my first scan... I must say I had a rather horrible experience :(

I just found out yesterday that I'm pregnant again! :roll: Which means I'm somewhere between 3-4 weeks in. I haven't kept a track of my cycle dates but I have my period every 23-25 days so I know I was due to come on sometime around now.

It's just all hit me in the last 3 days :shock: (as it does!) I've got really bad back ache and constantly thirtsy. Breasts feel like cows udders and are sore on and off all day lol!...oh yea and loadza little spots and dry skin all over my body. *yuk!* The joys of the first trimester :roll:
I was so bad with morning sickness yesterday that I had to leave work after just an hour because I honestly felt like I was dying :( It was only because of this I decided to take a test.

Well inshallah (Allah willing) things will go better for us this time around. I am thinking of asking for a 5-6 week scan to see if everything is going ok. I really don't want to go another 3months and tell everyone only to have problems again :doh:

Can people advise on what I can do given the medical background?
I'm not the worlds healthiest person...I've always got aches and pains and I'm very slim :oops: so I need to get suppliments I think and be careful what I do.
I felt like a train hit me everyday for the first 2.5months last time so I'm really wondering how I'm going to manage the first trimester at work as i work on phones in a claims department - so can't keep running to the toilet! :shock:

Hiya!

Congrats!

I am no expert, but in the past few weeks, I have picked up a few tips on being healthier when pregnant:

1. Eat lots of fruit and vegetables!
2. Cut down on drinking and stop smoking (obviously). My doc said I could have a glass of wine, no problem... not sure what to make of that really.
3. Take folic acid (if not already) - very important.
4. Ask your doctor to recommend a multi-vitamin. I believe there is a brand in the UK called Pregnacare that is supposed to be good. My Spanish doctor even mentioned it, even though I cant buy it here.
5. Drink a ton of water every day - this might help with the sickness. Although that will mean more trips to the loo... :(

I think thats all. I probably havent said anything new to you, but just in case... :hug:

Congratulations on your pregnancy :cheer: :cheer: :D :D

With regards to you having an early reassurance scan, go see your GP and ask. However, be prepared they may not refer you as they might not feel there is a need. Also at 5-6 weeks (if you are not 100% sure of dates) might mean there is still nothing to see, so might be more distressing for you. Maybe see if your GP feels its better to wait a couple more weeks even to be sure of seeing something? Just a thought.

As far as health goes, start taking folic acid asap :) If you are eating a healthy balanced diet I'd not worry overly about vitamin supplement. See how you go and maybe again ask your GP. I found in first tri I was fine until about 6 weeks then found it hard to tolerte certain foods, and switched to nibbling on things I could tolerate. Vitamins absorb better into your body from food than from supplements I am told.

And exercise within reason of course. You don't have to stop everything adn treat yourself with kid gloves. Your body will do what it does and manage :) I was doing lots of walking, cycling on an excercise machine and a few other things through first tri, but at a certain point the exhustion took over and I needed to sleep more and exercised less. But I still walked at least an hour a day with the dogs. Just don't overheat or let your heartrate go over 120 BPM IIRC :)

The other thing to remember if you are one of those who feels aches and pains and so on is to not panic every time you get a twinge down there or something. Its normal to get stretching pains, twinges, constipation, wee a lot, get back ache and a gazillion other things, so keep calm if you feel those early pregnancy things.

Go see your GP soon and have a chat with him/her about everything and hopefully they can put your mind at rest on your worries and concerns.

:hug: :hug:

Hello, welcome back and congratulations :cheer: Wishing you a happy and healthy nine months :D

I think with a history of miscarriage you can get a reassurance scan earlier than 12 weeks.

I've found work to be difficult and luckily I haven't needed to rush out and throw up. I know some girls swear by mints to keep the sickness at bay. Eating about every 2-3 hours keeps me from feeling queasy. If your morning sickness is bad, your GP can prescribe tablets that may help. It may be worth letting your supervisor know (if she/he is nice and sympathetic), I let mine know and he was great :D

Also I would recommend Pregnacare vitamins, they have everything you need although they are a little expensive.

Congrats again :D

Thanks ladies.

Well I've got the pregnacare tablets today but I'm still in really bad pain/discomfort :(

I was like this last time as well. My lower abdomen feels bruised like I'm on my period and I have back ache and aches in my lower hips/pelvis at the back.

I spoke to a pharmacist at boots today who advised there wasn't really any pain killer you could take when pregnant - all she could suggest was paracetomol when it was REALLY bad :wall:

I know it will hopefully wear off at the 9-10 week mark like last time...but that's over a month away and I feel really down/grumpy because I'm always in pain :(

Any suggestions ladies?

Good luck and congratulations with your pregnancy. Everyone's advice is wonderful to go by - I as a person dont like fruits very much, or should I say I am choosy with it, so instead of forcing it down me, I have it as a Milkshake...5 fruits in the mixer, milk and little sugar - all the nutrients in without too much agony..

I dont eat any meat apart from fish - can only have 2 portions of fish a week..so I make sure of that...greens - a must, I like veggies so am ok with it. Milk Milk Milk....hot and cold - day and night. Rest yourself and vitamins like pregnacare are great. Folic acid and some sweets to suck on when you feel nauseous.

With your backaches - have you tried the tens machine? It worked wonders for me, you can either ask your doctor for it or buy one. If you buy one from shops it is much more expensive, if you go through your docs they give you a leaflet which you order from, arrives in 4 days, cost me about £29. Hot water bottle or simply if you can rest your back with a pillow under it, it can help. I had lower back pain for the first 10 weeks and it has eased off now but the tens machine was very useful. It has no side effects.

Run this with your doc as this is what I was adviced...

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Just wanted to tell you that I had a miscarriage december 06. Got pregnant again november 07 and everything is going well. Having one miscarriage doesnt make you more likely to have another, miscarriages are usually one off cases of bad luck.

I'm sure everything will work out for you this time. :hug:

Thanks again :)

I was told something like the chances of miscarriage in 1st pregnancy were 1 in 8 and the chances of it being due to implantantion problems was something like 1 in 5.

Hopefully all will go well this time :pray: but I still don't think I will be able to relax until I get passed the first trimester :roll:

I've just had a quick look at those tens machines and lloyds pharmacy are advertising it as not suitable for pregnancy and labour?? :think:
I will certainly ask the doctor I think so that means at least 1 week putting up with it :wall: :roll:

Hello!

I have no experience of this but wanted to say a huge congratulations is in order!! :cheer:

Hope all goes well and you have a H&H 9 months :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back