2nd sweep failed. Unsure what next?

Gill09876

Reaction score
Hi

I am 39 weeks pregnant & had my second membrane sweep this morning(first on Monday where I cramped afterwards but then cramps disappeared the next day) and second this morning where I never even cramped afterwards. I am due a third sweep on Monday 16th Jan.

With my first Daughter I had two failed sweeps and she had to be induced at 40 plus 12 days as she wouldn't budge.

They have agreed to an induction for me but advised me to wait to try to go into labour naturally as I'm less likely to need another forceps delivery & the labour will be quicker.

I don't feel like my body can go into natural labour. They have said my cervix isn't favourable.

Would you just opt for induction next week at 40 weeks?

Thanks

Gilly xx

Hi Gilly, I was induced a day before my due date and the baby arrived on my due date. So I was induced on 19th and had her on the 20th so a relatively short labour. Hopefully yours will be the same. X

Hi !

I personally would go induction but it is up to you in the end as long as everything is medically safe.

I want to say that induction can produce quick labour as all mine have been induction and my second labour was about 7 hours in total and third 4 hours. Hope all goes well whatever you decide.

Boaz

I've been hoping for induction for a full week now. Hoping they will book me in when I next see them on Thur. I didn't get my third sweep today either. The wait is tough. X

I had a sweep with my little boy at 40 weeks exactly, and was told 'ooohhh u wont go into labour anytime soon, your cervix isnt ready, blah blah blah'... Then that day, as i was walking to school to pick my daughter up, my waters broke and i went into labour about an hour after. Good luck, it could happen anytime xx

I had 5 sweeps and a pessary nothing worked!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back