2nd september

vixforever

Reaction score
ive got a consultant appointment, after my scan they just told me to speak to my midwife about baby being large, i mean wtf is she meant to do!? :eh: so shes booked me to see a consultant to discuss him being above the 95th centile, i really dont want to push something thats too large out of my foof, i know ive got to but im scared :lol:

It may be that they will do a glucose tolerance test to see if thats what causing baby to be large. I had to have one as my last baby was a 9lber. If baby is measuring big they may decide to offer you an early induction. My MW always says that size doesnt really matter but its not her hoo haa its coming out of is it!! Sure all will be fine though as measurements are ever accurate and growth scans can be out by a huge amount!! xx

Im having to see a consultant weekly now because of my big baby (not that she is much use, she forgets to test my urine and take my blood pressure!)

Like mummynmummy2b says they may want to carry out one of those yucky GTT tests as gestational diabetes is one of the main causes for big baby (my reason) and yeah my growth scan said baby is measuring at 40.3weeks already . . . . :shock:

Its hard not to worry about it, im getting more and more worried each day thinking he is just getting bigger and bigger :oooo:

I heard from another lady in the hospital that they no longer induce women with bigger babies (unless there are complications such as diabetes) anymore, i met one nice lady who's baby was measuring a month ahead like mine, she went a week overdue and had a nice 9.5lb baby girl!

I personally agree with them not inducing if baby is measuring big, especially since they are usually wrong x also my OH's mum is 5ft 2, she was 7 stone and she gave birth naturally to a 9lb 7oz baby (my OH!) x hope everything is ok at scan-it's only next week!!!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back