2nd missed miscarriage - hard to cope

grace1

Reaction score
Hi,

I've read so many posts on so many different websites but this is the first i've been brave enough to write myself.

I was told yesterday that i'm most likely having another missed miscarriage - my second in 3 months. I have to go back for a second blood test tomorrow to confirm the worst, but i already know this in my heart. The same thing happened in September.

I'm actually coping less well with this one than the 1st, although the 1st was more of a shock. This 2nd one just confirms to me that something is wrong with my ability to have children and i am finding that so hard to deal with. Also, my last miscarriage was so painful that i'm scared about what's to come. I guess i'll have to choose between d and c or natural / induced by pills. I'm back to work (teacher) on Tues and don't know how to manage it. Don't really want to have to take yet more time off.

Would be so grateful to hear from anyone with words of advice

xx

Hey :wave:

Welcome to the forum

I haven't been through what you have but I'm thinking of you & sending you big :hugs:

All the girls on here are just amazing & your get the advice you need

I wish you all the best & please keep us posted with how things are going

Xxxx

Hi Hunny :wave:

I just wanted to send you massive :hugs:
Ive got my fingers and toes crossed that your blood tests come back with some good news :fx:
I went through a mmc 2 months ago and my advice is to try and stay strong hunny, let your feelings out and look after yourself.
Please take care hunny and let us know how your bloodtests go x x

Hello I went through 2 mc and 3rd time lucky for me. It is hard as you think it's just going to happen again this was going to be my last try and if I mc again that was it. I couldn't put myself through it again.
And if I did at least I would of had the required amount of mc and then the docs step in to find out why.

I am very sorry this has happened to you Hun! I wouldn't wish it on anyone x x x.

Thank you so much for your kind words. I've felt so alone until now but it's really reassuring to hear from you all. My friends are all either pregnant with no problems or not anywhere near the baby stage, and i'm not especially close to my mum. So... I have no support (apart from my hubby, who is just great.)

Blood tests are tomorrow but i know what the outcome will be. I'm having those same pains i had the first time round, with nasty backache thrown in too! I'll let you know how it goes, big hugs xx

p.s smass26 - your post really gave me hope, thank you! It's amazing to know there's someone else out there who went though the same as me and had a successful pregnancy!!

So sorry to hear this Grace1.

I also had missed mc in november, we are all here for you when you need to talk

I've seen many girls on here having 2 or more miscarrages and going on to have sucessful pregnancies, and i'm sure you will too.

Let us know how you get on.

xx

Oh Hun I knew it was happening again when I felt the same as the first time it all started again the same as it had before.
I do believe that these things happen for a reason ( my own way of dealing with it) I also thought that maybe I couldn't carry boys as many people had told me that may be the case but I am 24 weeks pregnant with a boy so maybe it's just because they weren't right!! :(

I do wish you the very best and if you ever need to talk just pm me!!:)
X x.

I'm so sorry about what your going through, and i wish you your miracle for tomorrow. I have never had a missed miscarriage but i have had alot of miscarraiges, i had 2 children then miscarried twins then next pregnancy was another miscarraige, then i had 2 children then 3 miscarraiges then 1 not too sure what happened got positive test but got period next day and then got my bfp that month with my last child, I am pregnant again it started off as twins and luckily i only lost one and managed to keep this one. doctor said i was just unlucky i have both girls and boys, so i am presuming there must just have be something wrong with the pregnancies that didn;t stick, my nan always said everything happens for a reason but finding that reason is the hard part. I really wish you the best and hope that you can see some hope from my losses thatyou can have ahealthy pregnancy afterwards

hi hunni just wanted to send you a big hug & will b thinking of you, dont give up xx

Hi,

Well....i went in for second blood test today and got the results this afternoon and my hcg levels have risen from 23000 to 39000. I was totally expecting them to say they'd fallen and now more confused than ever. I have since researched hcg levels and mmc and news not all that positive. My body might just not recognise what's happening yet so levels still rising. 2 days ago the doc said that for the size of the foetal pole, there probably should have been heartbeat (had internal scan too). What do you think? The cramping i have is no worse than it was and no more bleeding.

Argh! So many emotions, too much to handle

xx

Great news that they are rising, hope they continue to and everything works out fine for you hunny. Have you been offered another scan or some more blood tests hunny? x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi good luck.

I went through this in May last yr, i would defo pick D&C next time if it was to happen, hormones have taken their toll on me from last time.

Sounds positive from your levels, i'll be crossing my fingers for u as i know how your feeling.

Hugs....Nicki xxx

Thanks Mummy2Adam - I have just a little hope. Doc asked if i wanted to wait for scan next wk, or if i wanted more bloods done in 2 days. So, I chose more bloods. Have test on Weds, results Thurs. I figure all the knowledge i can get won't hurt. But still can't help worrying that doc said she probably should have seen a heartbeat at last scan. I'm praying for a miracle!! Thanks for your support, this forum is helping me more than I could have imagined! xx

Thanks Nicki, i think i will have d and c again if it gets to that. Just a bit worried about repeated d and cs??? Very sad to hear about your loss, so sorry, it's a total nightmare xxx

Thanks Mummy2Adam - I have just a little hope. Doc asked if i wanted to wait for scan next wk, or if i wanted more bloods done in 2 days. So, I chose more bloods. Have test on Weds, results Thurs. I figure all the knowledge i can get won't hurt. But still can't help worrying that doc said she probably should have seen a heartbeat at last scan. I'm praying for a miracle!! Thanks for your support, this forum is helping me more than I could have imagined! xx

Goodluck for Wednesday/Thursday hunny, i will have my fingers and toes crossed that your levels will have increased.
Are you going back to work tomorrow or are you going to take some time off? Take care of yourself hunny, sending you massive :hugs: x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

didnt want to read and run, but havent had a "natrual" mc myself so sorry to hear your news, the d & c would be different this time in terms of how much it hurts as i think it supposedly hurts less if you have to have another one, ( due to fact cervix has already stretched before) im so sorry that you are having to go through this again. i hope that you can find strength within you to not give up some people have several mc's before actually having a healthy baby, i know how hard it is to bring yourself up for trying again and putting your heart back on the line. it doesnt mean anything nessacerily wrong with you, its just unfortunatly a sad fact of life it happens. it will mean all the more though when your beutiful baby does go full term for you. dont give up even though losing a little one is heartbreaking i like to think that they are angels looking down and wouldnt want us to give up. thinking of you hugs xx

i think you are doing the right thing going for as much information as possible you can nevr question yourself then if only if it goes wrong, or feel guilty for giving up if everything is fine with your baby. i really hope its the late, good luck for this wednesday and thursday

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies, gives me lots of strength. The waiting is sooooooo hard. Had blood taken today and get results tomorrow. I have actually been feeling really sick the past 2 days so think that hormones must be OK - but don't know if that's because my body hasn't recognised that there is a problem. Had spotting yesterday and it's sort of stopped today. Just don't think that's right to bleed on and off, but have no clue what it means. Really, a scan is going to be the only answer this weekend. I'll be 7 weeks so there should be a heatbeat by then.

I have been going into work (primary teaching), which to be honest has kept my mind off all this. Told the headteacher what's going on who is being v supportive and giving me time off for tests etc, no problem. Think he just feels sorry for me as i went through all this only 3 months ago!

I feel quite calm about it all now....what will be will be, and i just have to accept that.

I'll let you know how results turn out tomorrow xx

Good luck with your results tomorrow hun....it ain't over till it's over, so keep that little bit of hope...as others have said, if it does turn out for the worse, 2 miscarriages is actually more common than you think. Most GP's won't even start investigating you for problems until you've had 3, so don't give up yet although I know how hard it is!! Hope you get good news anyway xx

good lcuk with results pleas elet us know x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back