28 Week Visit to the Consultant at the Hospital

ladyminklett

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Has anyone else had theres yet? My neighbour didn't see a Consultant at 28 weeks could it be that it's because I'm an older first time Mum to be? I'm 43. Anyone got an idea of what it might involve they said in the letter that it could take 1-2 hours.

It may well be your age.. I only had an appointment with the consultant at 16 weeks.. and that was to discuss whether or not they are going to consider me for a VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean) and again, another appointment with him at the hospital at 34 weeks for a scan of my scar.

It could be the age hun, but you'll soon find out I guess..? :?

To be honest, even though my scar never properly healed and with my first, my waters broke at 34 weeks and ended up with an emergency cesarean section.. I haven't been seen an awful lot in the past few weeks.. I've only ever met my MW twice! :?

xxx

i havent got any appointments with my consultant..... :?
all mine are with my midwife... except for bein induced a week after my due date

I have had loads of consultant appointments, not sure if its because I have a high BMI?? or my previous Misscarraige and Problems for a few years back?

All they do when I go is ask how im feeling, talk about pain relief in labour, examine me and scan me. I also see midwife at same time, and they do the usual stuff as well.

I'm a first timer too, and I saw one after my 12 wk scan - which I think is standard here anyway - then one at 16 wks because they picked up on a blood abnormality at my 12 wk scan. Then I got to see someone at my 20 wk scan appt and I have to see another tomorrow after my 32 wk growth scan appt. Then I have to see the consultant anaesthetist in a month's time too (not sure exactly what that'll be about).

I think you get to see a consultant if there is anything potentially 'different from the norm' about your pregnancy. So yes, it could well be because you're an older first-time mum. Hope it goes OK. x

Thanks everyone for your replies, I'll let you know what happens so that others in a similar situation will be in the know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back