28 week Anti D

lulu

Reaction score
Hi, I should have had an apt with the consultnat at 28 weeks so the midwife said she wouldnt see me then and made an apt for a few weeks after. I had to rearrange my consultant apt and he has no clinic for a fortnight so I will be 30 weeks by then.

Since then I have heard and read that I should have anti-d at 28 weeks, is this true? should I ring the midwife???

Hi there :wave:

I too am waiting to receive anti-D, and am boked in to the local hospital in my 28th week.

i would contact your MW and remind her that you need this vaccine, perhaps her thinking cap wasnt on when she booked you for your next appt.

i was told to take someone with me, and expect to wait around for 30mins to make sure i dont take an allergic reaction to the vaccine (if reaction ocurs it is adrenalin you get, quite straightforward)

at the same appt, im getting bloods checked for sugar levels and anaemia.

let us know how you get on, and i wil let you know how i did.

thanks, I had anti d in my last pregnancy and I was ok with it. they used to check I was feeling ok for a while afterwards though. I will try and give her a call tomorow.

Apart from when I bleed I cant remember when I had the injection in my pregnancy with jack.

I was at the hospitale at 28 weeks so didn;t have my anti -d until 30 weeks. You cannot have your anti-d injection until after you have had your bloodtests because one of the things they look for in - mothers is contamination in the blood.

The midwife said ther was no probs with me having the injection late.

I only had to stay for 15 mins in the waiting room but I had no ill effects from the injection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back