28 week midwife appointment

maybebaby

Reaction score
I saw the midwife today, my little rascal is lying transverse! It also managed to kick the midwife and hid from the doppler so everytime she found the heartbeat it moved away after a few seconds! I'm going to have a trouble maker on my hands :lol:

Everything else is fine though, my next appointment will be at home to book in my home birth. The only potential problem is the midwife told me there's a huge number of babies due in December & January in this area so they're looking like they might be short staffed - which COULD be a problem for the homebirth. Not going to worry about it for the time being.

Glad it went well, dont worry x x

my baby was transverse at 28 weeks too! he's moved his head down now though, midwife said it wasn't a worry at that point.

glad everything went ok :hug:

glad all went well hun fingers crossed you get your home birth xxx

My MW didnt actually tell me which way she was lying at 28 weeks but I know she was transverse but has since turned head down too!

my midwife didnt tell me which way baby was either i am back there tuesday though so maybe then. i have a feeling blake turned a couple of days ago though as i had so much movement all day, then i had a really weird shape bump tuesday lol

sam96031 said:
what does transverse mean? :doh:

It means the baby is lying across the tummy sideways rather than breech or head down.

My LO was transverse at one point but he turned to head down so I am sure your LO will behave him/herself in time!!!

ah thankyou mine does go sideways as i get kicked and punched in both of my sides at the same time :D

Thanks for all your replies. I'm not at all worried about the transverse thing at the moment, Austin was transverse then cephalic, then breech until 36 weeks, then cephalic but back to back... By the time I went into labour at 41 weeks he was in a perfect position!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back