28 week midwife appointment

AmyA

Reaction score
Hi All!
Just got back from my routine 28 week midwife appointment, all is fine with bump but I've got high blood pressure. I'm in a bit of shock as I feel fine, never had anything like this before. She checked a couple of times and wants me to go back to see her in 3 weeks instead of 6. Is this something to worry about? She said we should book our hospital tour and I should sort my next lot of blood tests and whopping cough injection sooner rather than later. Me and OH both came out a bit shell shocked... :eh::eh:

I take it this is not your first then as 31 weeks is a routine appointment?

Sent from my GT-I9300

You should have bloods at 28 weeks anyway and they are encouraging pregnant women to have the whooping cough jab which you have to have within a certain time frame so that's all normal, nothing to worry about.
She obviously wasn't that concerned by your blood pressure or they would make you go to hospital for monitoring. I expect it's just a tad high and something they'll keep an eye on. I wouldn't worry just yet, she wouldn't have sent you of if she was concerned :)

I had bloods done at my 28 week as routine and was told at 28 week to book in for whooping cough which was then done at 29. Then I had next routine appointment at 31 weeks which is normal. Now my next one is 33 weeks and every two weeks till the end.

I wouldn't worry too much, if she was very concerned think she would have referred you or asked to see you sooner than in 3 weeks x

Its always a worry when they pick something up that you're not anticipating, sometimes the anxiety of having a high reading the first time can influence the other readings, did she write what your blood pressure was?
Its always good to be prepared for ay eventuality but fingers crossed its all just precautionary x

Thanks Girls. This is my second baby so after the 28 week appointment I wasn't due to see her again until 34 weeks. I'll be seeing her at 31 weeks so fingers crossed my blood pressure is OK then. She wrote down 190/60 which was the second reading, I don't know what the first reading was.
I think it's just a worry because I feel fine. I've never had any reason to think I'd have high blood pressure or anything else. Just hope I'm still low risk so i can give birth at te birthing centre x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back