28 week check

Little bean

Reaction score
Hello I have my 28 week check tomorrow with mw what does she do in this check. X

at mine it was...... BP, urine sample, listened to baby and checked baby position, also took some bloods to check iron levels ect.... pretty routine, hope it goes well :) xx

at mine it was...... BP, urine sample, listened to baby and checked baby position, also took some bloods to check iron levels ect.... pretty routine, hope it goes well :) xx

Omg nurse, I can't remember what happened yesterday lol!

Thats pretty much what happened to me, they did my blood pressure first, and then the other MW took my blood to check for iron levels (but there were 2 vials but i dont know what the other was for), had Urine checked, measured my bump, and listen to the heart beat :D..Its not so bad lol!

Mine onli measured 26cm i was 2cm too small think its becoz i have strong stomach moscle and i am tall they say you carry your baby lower x

i had mine yesterday, she did a urine dip, bp, check baby position, heartbeat and measured me xxx

Thats pretty much what happened to me, they did my blood pressure first, and then the other MW took my blood to check for iron levels (but there were 2 vials but i dont know what the other was for), had Urine checked, measured my bump, and listen to the heart beat :D..Its not so bad lol!

MW told me one vial is for blood count (iron etc) and the other is to check for antibodies x

yeah, im also having mine crossmatched, i reaLLY must get the done friday xxx

Ahh, i was wondering what that second vial was for!. I was measuring 28cm and i was 29 weeks so im only a centimetre behind!, just hope ive grown on my 32 week appointment :D

the second lot of the blood is for HCG its for a horomone that our body produces during pregnancy and its to tell whether or not our bodies are producing enough and baby getting enough to survie as its one keep thing needed. other than that 28 and 32 week appointments are normal ones its only after that they get intense as to how baby is moving and getting on at you. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back