Measuring 34 cms at 32+3 check up

jcox

Reaction score
Hi girls!

As it says above I has my check up last night and baby measuring 34cms. At my 28 week appt, baby was measuring 28 cms exactly. She asked what weights me and my husband were (7lbs and 7lbs 4ozs respectively) but didn't say anymore. What does it actually mean when you measure bigger? Is it that baby is just a bit bigger than usual or is it that I'm two weeks further along? I'm a bit confused!

Xxxxx

Hi Hun don't worry about it they allow a 2 cm discrepancy due to different people measuring you and babys position that day. Xx

Oh ok, that's great thank you!xxx

I've just been sent for a growth scan as I was measuring 5 wks ahead I know as it's my 4th it's just the way I carry but they had to send me anyway, but baby is fine and totally normal size, sometimes is can mean big baby but I think everyone carries differently xxxx

i was measuring 35 weeks at 24 weeks. So I hate to think what I am measuring at my 29 week appointment lol. My OH was 10pound 11 and I was 7 pound 6, so hopefully little one will take my genes lol!! x

I measured 36 weeks at 31 weeks and was sent for growth scan to see if it was a big baby or extra fluid. In my case it was extra fluid. I have had to have extra scans and the only difference I can see in end result is if my waters go I have to get into hospital straight away as baby might be a bit unstable in the extra fluid and if not in correct position they can't then turn her and so would mean a c section. If you are only 2 cm ahead then I don't think they do much, only if it's substantially higher or lower. She probably asked about your weight at birth to see if your baby might naturally be bigger.
It did mean I got to see my baby lots of extra times on the scan which was nice xxx

I wouldn't worry too much. I always measured big. Joshua was 8lb when born 5 days before due date.x

I wouldnt worry as I measured big but harry was 7lb 13oz at 12 days over!
xxx

Same thing happened to me I've been measuring 1-2 weeks ahead for a while then yesterday when I saw midwife she said I'm 36+4 but measuring 43 so I've an appointment at hospital next wednesday will have to see what they say but from what I have read on here it seems to be pretty common.....although it has got me a bit worried.

Apparently 2 either side is considered fine. I'll find out on Thu whether or not I've piled it on since 28 weeks!! Although just been told it's a different midwife so individual differences in measuring need to be taken into account. xxx

Apparently 2 either side is considered fine. I'll find out on Thu whether or not I've piled it on since 28 weeks!! Although just been told it's a different midwife so individual differences in measuring need to be taken into account. xxx

I was thinking same about midwives measuring differently as the one I saw Friday wasn't my usual one and seemed very inexperienced and young to be honest I thought she was another student (I've had a different student for last 3 visits in with midwife...and the first one couldn't locate the baby at all let alone measure me....bless her) so I'm trying not to worry about measuring large until I see the consultant on wednesday. To me it's a bit of a hit and miss way of measuring accurately anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back