28 week appointment - scary developments all around...

Susanne

Reaction score
Had my appointment with MW today. Baby's heartbeat is strong and she is a little wriggler so obviously well, and my blood tests for obstetric cholestasis (bec of itching) have come back normal. So far for the good news.

The rest of the appointment was quite scary, though. When I described to her my Braxton Hicks, which are getting stronger and stronger, she said that sounds as if it might me more than just Braxton Hicks and I might be at a quite high risk of going into preterm labour.

Advised me to keep a very close eye on it, and next time when I get them this strongly and I can feel them in my back as well as my tummy I should go to delivery suite straight away. Bloody terrified now! But she's right of course - the night before last I really did think I was going into labour, and it was bloody stupid of me not to go into hospital; but the kids were asleep, my hubby on business trip, the neighbours out and we have no family nearby, so a bit of a diffficult situation really...

Also, my iron is really low, so now I'm on iron tablets. At least that explains why I've been feeling quite so crappy these days...

Oh, and baby is breech atm, although she said that most babies turn by 36 weeks, so I'm not overly worried about that (yet). And my tummy also measured large for dates (32 cm), although she said that could be to do with the breech presentation, and she'll only send me for a scan if I measure large again next time, which will be 21 November. I only hope baby stays put until then, whichever way round - that preterm labour thing is really freaking me out!! :shock::shock::shock:

Good that your bloods were ok and not OC!

Must be scary about the preterm thing, however she is just being cautious saying this to u and it may be that all is fine?...........Easy to say but perhaps u need to try and rest up a bit more and relax? See if BH settle down?

If u are still worrying maybe u could go to the day unit and get checked out? That way u would know one way or the other?

Try not to panic hunny, know it can't be easy xxx

:hug: glad ur oc test came back clear! I am sure mw is being over cautious :hug:

Glad the beginning of the appointment went well. Maybe u r over doing it and the BH are worse because of that? Maybe best to try and relax as much as possible. Nice bath every night, feet up for a couple of hours a night. Size of bump goes up and down so don't worry too much there. Relax and try and get an emergency plan-bag packed, Hubbie not away so much just in case. Xx

The have to cover theirselves by warning you of preterm labour babe.. Don't stress out too much or it will make ur bh even worse.. Have a bath each night and really put ur feet up as much as possible..
Good news on ur oc results... :) I've been told Ill be in preterm labour soon since 33w (had to have steroid injections) with all the early labour signs especially v strong bh and back pain with pressure.. My cervix is only slightly open from all those strong contractions and I'm higher risk as ive had treatment on my cervix..
Try not to worry about it too much babe :hug:

The have to cover theirselves by warning you of preterm labour babe.. Don't stress out too much or it will make ur bh even worse.. Have a bath each night and really put ur feet up as much as possible..
Good news on ur oc results... :) I've been told Ill be in preterm labour soon since 33w (had to have steroid injections) with all the early labour signs especially v strong bh and back pain with pressure.. My cervix is only slightly open from all those strong contractions and I'm higher risk as ive had treatment on my cervix..
Try not to worry about it too much babe :hug:

Thanks, that is really reassuring to know! I hope my cervix is behaving itself, too!

:hug: I'm sure everything is fine babe :hug: obviously if u get really strong bh that worry you don't hesitate to call ur mw.. Just in case and for piece of mind xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back