27 weeks with GD, will I be induced ??

Dmjh

Reaction score
Hi looking for a bit advice, Im 27 weeks and have been diagnosed with GD ... Iv been told by midwife that I could be induced from 36 week and just a bit worried as i like to know what's happening and this waiting is upsetting me... Will I be induced or won't i, at what stag etc.... Has anyone else had it in previous pregnancys, were u induced or lift to go full 40 week .... Any help would be great thanks

I had it but as it was diet controlled I was told they wouldn't induce. She arrived three weeks early anyway.

I think induction is usually reserved for when the GD has to be controlled by metformin or insulin. I had GD in my second pregnancy and excess fluid and had my planned section at 37 weeks (they were going to do it at 38 weeks with me on metformin, but the excess fluid issue brought it forward a week). I'm not sure they'd let you go overdue by much either. Have you not got a diabetic nurse or consultant you could speak to?

Different NHS trusts will have different guidelines as to when they induce but most will not let you go too far over due date. The NICE guidelines say no more than 1 weeks I think if diet controlled. Will depend a lot on your individual circumstances though such as the size of the baby etc. X

I had GD in my last pregnancy - it was diet controlled and I went over my due date by a week. and had a natural birth. please don't panic like i did in my last pregnancy as it ruined my third trimester and i didnt enjoy it one bit. its no big deal having GD just try to take it in your stride.

Thanks everyone just so stressful not knowing... So far iv been controlling it with diet so hopefully I can continue to do so but medwife keeps saying it gets harder to control, the closer i get to due date... Is this true does it get worse ?? My DM don't seem to know ever ella... I asked on my last appointment and she just said their monitoring baby size and they won't no tell near time... Which don't really help my need to control everything lol

I had gd and was diet controlled, never had to go on meds and had very few readings over the max limit. However my nhs trust guidelines are to induce 37-39 weeks. I went in to be induced at 39 weeks but he wasnt born till 39+4 in the end.
I got told gd could become harder to control in the later stages but i had no evidence of this.

Thanks carlla81... Mine diet controlled and other than the odd high Redding my levels are good... I'm finding diet really hard and restrictive but would do anything for my little one so I'm sticking to it... Were do you live lv ? And did u stay in hospital or was u able to come home tell u went into labour ?

Thanks carlla81... Mine diet controlled and other than the odd high Redding my levels are good... They keep saying its going to get harder but im hoping thats not the case like u as I'm already, finding diet really hard and restrictive but would do anything for my little one so I'm sticking to it... Were do you live lv ? And did u stay in hospital or was u able to come home tell u went into labour ?

I was on metformin and they tend to induce if baby is large or any problems with sugars or movements. As it was my waters broke at 39 weeks and her movements reduced so I was induced.

If you're keen to breastfeed and avoid supplementing, look into colostrum harvesting. You can express colostrum in the last month or two and freeze it to give your baby to keep their blood sugar stable without needing formula etc.

Hello. I've just been diagnosed with GD. It really put me on a downer. I have to see a dietician, consultant and someone who talks to you about diabetes. Having extra growth scans too. Midwife didn't mention too much about delivery but I wouldn't be going over the due date but likely to be under anyways. Its diet controlled. I've literally got to change my eating habits. Also been given a log book to track the readings xx

Hay Phoenix85, thanks for advised... I wasn't going to breastfeed until I was diagnosed but been told it will stabilise and help him adjusted after birth, so going to try it and just see how I get on with it x

Thanks carlla81... Mine diet controlled and other than the odd high Redding my levels are good... They keep saying its going to get harder but im hoping thats not the case like u as I'm already, finding diet really hard and restrictive but would do anything for my little one so I'm sticking to it... Were do you live lv ? And did u stay in hospital or was u able to come home tell u went into labour ?

Sorry for delay in replying. I live in South Wales and i was in hospital for 6 days in the end! Once u have been given the pessaries required to start induction u have to stay in hospital as the baby has to go on the ctg monitor every 6 hrs. I didnt find diet too restrictive and still ate chocolate etc, personally i think i was only ever borderline diabetic. I was told it could become harder to control nearer the end but this wasnt the case with me. Once u are in labour they have to test your blood sugar every hour which is a real pain and mine was actually low and they made me drink energy drinks! X

I've forgot to monitor some meals some days. Nothing to do with indulging. I Just generally forgot. I'm actually worried something will be said when I see the dietian and diabetes person on Wednesday did anyone else forget some days? Was anything said? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back