27 week check up with midwife

Tasha20

Reaction score
I have a midwife appointment today supposed to be 28 weeks but shes got her dates wrong so im seeing her today :roll:

Is it just the same as all the others? listen to baby, measure and have a chat ? She isnt going to be doing blood tests yet is she? :(

I hate them!

I know i have to have bloods repeated at 28 weeks.

Let me consult my book.
I had bloods at 12, 28 and 34.
So im sorry but you might have, dont worry, she wont take nearly as much as first time :shock:

:cry: noooo! thinking about it I remember her mentioning it last I saw her :(

Lol I hope its not the one were they check your sugar levels they are gonna panick when they see how high mine are lol my daily routine consits of sweets, chocolate and ice cream :rotfl: she gonna have a fit!

Think it is bloods. Im 27 weeks tomorrow and have got bloods in two weeks. Mine are later as I am on holiday next week. She said it was for blood sugar and other checks. Told me to eat no sugar. My appointment is at 2.30 so what do I eat??? No sugar argh !!!!!

Hannah X

Ah yes that makes sense I wont eat anything else with sugar lol until after ive seen her at 1.30 :D

ive got my GTT test on tuesday and the MW asked me to ask them to take my bloods then, even though i am seeing her tomorrow!

Can a midwife prescribe meds for an UTI? I had one, which docs gave me anitbiotics for, and i think i have got another one (just the pains at the mo). i don't want to book a docs appointment if MW can give me the same stuff the doc would.

I'm not sure but it wont do any harm in making an appointment with the Doc and then asking her when you see her tommorow, if she can't at least you will still have the appointment with the Doctor if she can you can just cancel it after youve seen her :D

My MW said she will take my bloods next time but thats not untill the 17th Oct so I will be 31 weeks by then :think:

:think: maybe she wont then, hmmm they are all so different

Well I had an appointment last week and she did'nt do it then but I had my son with me, but last time she did bloods he was there then

She hasnt done any of my bloods the last time I had them was at 20 weeks at the hospital when I had my second scan

if she is anything like mine, she forgot! last time i visited mine she had forgot to make sure there was a spare room, and i had to be seen in a room where they kept the spare equipement. and she didn't have half the stuff she needed!

When is it you go from seeing them every 4 weeks to every 2?

Last time MW did them I was about 11 weeks but the hospital take them all the time im up there

Mine still has'nt given me my Bounty book and I ask her every time I go!
I want my free packs :cry:

my doc gave me that, before my first scan.

My mw is based at my local hospital, so i have to go to the blood test department for tests. its only the other side of the hospital.

everything is done so differently around the country :think:

Just be glad you dont have my midwife, she cant take blood to save her life.
I let her first time..and it went wrong..she couldnt get any so she has been sending me to someone else.
Anyways yesterday i went to see her, and she is really nice and loves it when she gets it right..so i decided to give her another chance..STUPID SARAH!
She thought she did it really well which is cool because she felt dead good about it.
Woke up this morning..my arms killing and there is a massive bruise on it..i never learn
:evil: :evil:

i have to have someone with me to hold me and my arm down when i have blood tests :) im such a wuss.

Ive still got a mark on my arm from one blood test where i brused. Its kinda like a dip - you can't see if, but you can feel it if you run your hand over it.

Ive seen two mw's, my named one and a different one. THe other MW is really rough - pushing and poking bump to hard. ive been suffering from pains and she pokes me and asks if it hurts. I say yes and she pokes me again in the same place saying " what here?"! No i thought you meant the other place you just poked!

still won't be cursing them when lo comes out happy and healthy :)

I hate having it done at the hospital you have to get a number and que up and when you go in they have a row of chairs and they dont talk to you I just close my eyes and grit my teeth

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back