Midwife

Tegala-7thMarch08

Reaction score
i have my 27 week appointment today at 4 finally havent seen the midwife since i was 16 weeks... is it the same thing as they did before just check your wee and stuff or is there more to it at 27 weeks :?

That is a long time between visits. :eek:

I would think she will check your BP, urine, have a feel of your tummy, measure your tummy, listen to babies HB and maybe weigh you. Nothing to worry about.

Hope it goes well. xx

just a check hun, blood pressure etc

she will give you a form for your 28 week blood test aswell.

eeewww i cant be doing anymore blood tests i thought the ones at my booking appointment was the last of them :? are the next blood test important or does it matter if you refuse i really hate needles so much...

NIE said:
That is a long time between visits. :eek:

I would think she will check your BP, urine, have a feel of your tummy, measure your tummy, listen to babies HB and maybe weigh you. Nothing to worry about.

Hope it goes well. xx

i moved home shortly after my last appointment and it has been hell trying to get another midwife down here and doctor

hi hon
i just had my 28 week appointment - had my BP and urine checked. she also checked trog's position, heartbeat and the fundal height. and yes, i had blood tests too - for haemoglobin and rh status. my advice would be to have them done, even if you don't like needles... :hug: i know its a long way from fun, but IMO they only do them to make sure you and your LO are ok and that's the most important thing
xx

ive got my 28 week blood test AGAIN on friday morning, I dread them, im shit scared of needles, and to top it off because im rhesus neg blood i need the damn anti jabs aswell.............. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

they tell you to have the 28 week blood test to check for anemic

ive been diagonsed with hypertension(high bp) since i was 13 and i was ment 2 have regular check ups but because of the move its been put on hold and ive been a bit worried about it because ive been getting signs of my bp rising aswell is that a worry at this stage or is it more important abit further on...

and i spose i could do the blood tests if its the last of them lol last time i had a nurse hold me down. lol

sorry about all these questions it just a new midwife aswell so i want to know all before i get there i dont want to look stupid lol

lol im alright if ive got the numbing cream on, im still the same though, didnt even feel her do the last one, its the thought of a needle... but then again ive got 5 tattoo's LOL

ok i have my glucose and blood tests on monday :shock:
the midwife did nothing but check my bp and wee today how annoying i havnt heard bubas heart beat since 18 weeks when i was in hospital :( oh well i gues waiting till monday wont hurt :)

they dont bother me anymore, used to when i was younger but i just got used to it. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back