25th centile

Baileysmummy

Reaction score
After reading other posts about centiles, i just wondered about baileys.. hes just under the 25th centile for his weight.. thats dead low isnt it..

for his length just above the 2nd

and his head is spot on 25th..

Hope he grows soon.. hes 5 weeks old today!

Aimees always been between the 9th and 25th for her weight and her heights dropped from 75th to the 9th in the last 10 months. HVs have always said she fine though.

Oh great, thanks for the reply hun, makes me feel better.. i was comparing to my other boys books thats all.. and bailey is the smallest by far lol :)

Well thats what I was like. My eldest girl was completly off the chart with her weight and her height was on the 98th. Its just a shock isn't it cos you just expect them all to be similer sizes.

bailey just has to be different bless him..

hes done nothing but cause me worry all pregnancy and now hes carrying on now hes here :rotfl:

I was always told that a baby should roughly follow the centile it was born on, rather than looking at what is 'normal'. But maybe that was just to make me feel better because my dd was on the 0.4th centile for the first few years. :lol:

Well... until you get a health visitor who doesn't understand the concept of prem babies and thinks all babies should be the same...

Time flies sss, it doesn't seem long ago that you were hanging on to him. How are you both doing now?

alice was around that weight. but if you moved theline as if she was born on her due date, she is on the middle line.

in a way i love smaller babies instead of huge babies - you can watch them grow more than chunky bubs (if that makes sense).

I can only echo what the others have said.

Lily was always in the shaded bit between the bottom 2 centiles (can't remember what they are lol) it's only very recently that shes began to follow the 2nd from bottom one.

All baby's are just different, are you BF'ing too SSS? can't remember if I read that somewhere or not.

Try to trust your instints and stick with them if he looks well and alert I wouldn't worry.

xSuzx

xSuzx said:
I can only echo what the others have said.

Lily was always in the shaded bit between the bottom 2 centiles (can't remember what they are lol) it's only very recently that shes began to follow the 2nd from bottom one.

All baby's are just different, are you BF'ing too SSS? can't remember if I read that somewhere or not.

Try to trust your instints and stick with them if he looks well and alert I wouldn't worry.

xSuzx

yes huni, im breastfeeding him, was giving him top ups of formual until i was told off this week.. they want to see what weight he gains just on breast.. so no more topping him up loads more feeding off me..

Yeah stopping the formula top up is best, you my find that you will be feeding alot more until you supply re-adjusts, also don't worry if his weight does drop slightly as I'm sure you know Breastmilk is less fatty then Formula.

Is your HV worried about his weight? mine always liked to keep an eye on lily (but she did have reflux which caused weight problems) just to make sure she was following her line, but she was great and saw lily alot and knew she was healthy in every way, she was just small.

Just keep reminding yourself and your HV breastfed babies normally are smaller and don't gain weight the same as formula feed babies.

Try to stand firm and as I said trust yourself as I know how some HV's can get, they get overly worried esp if they've not breastfed or delat with many who have Breastfeed and often end up getting the mother to change to formula , when they don't really want to and it's not really needed.

If you have any problems and need some support feel free to PM me or post on the forum and I will always do my best to help.

xSuzx

Thea has always been just below the 25th percentile hun and she is just perfect :) You have to bare in mind that these graphs dont take into account a baby being breastfed or being preemie. :hug:

i thought as long as they follow the line they were on at birth its ok and dont matter which centile it is? am i right?!

xSuzx said:
Yeah stopping the formula top up is best, you my find that you will be feeding alot more until you supply re-adjusts, also don't worry if his weight does drop slightly as I'm sure you know Breastmilk is less fatty then Formula.

Is your HV worried about his weight? mine always liked to keep an eye on lily (but she did have reflux which caused weight problems) just to make sure she was following her line, but she was great and saw lily alot and knew she was healthy in every way, she was just small.

Just keep reminding yourself and your HV breastfed babies normally are smaller and don't gain weight the same as formula feed babies.

Try to stand firm and as I said trust yourself as I know how some HV's can get, they get overly worried esp if they've not breastfed or delat with many who have Breastfeed and often end up getting the mother to change to formula , when they don't really want to and it's not really needed.

If you have any problems and need some support feel free to PM me or post on the forum and I will always do my best to help.

xSuzx

i have stopped the formula now, so will see what next week brings..

tbh suz, i havent seen my h/v for 3 weeks now, she has gone away and i only get to see a hv at the weighing clinic and they dont my back ground etc.. so its hard to say, i did have support from the breastfeeding lady but she too seems to have left me to it..

Its getting frustrating at the moment because he is soooooo hungary and my breastfeeding just isnt filling him, its been 2 days now since i stopped formula and its really starting to show, we have cracks in the walls.. no im kidding but now hes feeding off me every hour again they told me my milk would increase, ive tried expressing and i again am bck to square one cos theres nothing there.. cos hes feeding to much i think.. oh i dont know what to do.. i was on a real high yesterday and tuesday but after the night ive had im on a real low now...

im also worried that hes not getting enough and when my hv does finally see us and if hes dropped in his weight next week they will look down on me for 1 giving him formula, and 2 just him loosing weight, they can be quite insentive here!

Hi

aww hun do what you feel is best for you and Bailey hun :hug:
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111