Concerned about feeding

Emerald rose

Reaction score
Im getting concerned about Riley not eating alot. He takes 4oz and never wakes at night for a feed hes just not intrested in food.
I make 5oz bottles but he wont take the last oz his wieght is on the 25th centile so its slightly low.

Is he satisfied after feeding though? Some babies are just smaller, but as long as he's gaining weight and seems happy I wouldn't worry too much x

Try not to worry Hun, if he's satisfied after his feeds that's probably all he needs. Aslong as he's gaining weight & following a centile nicely he must be getting enough xx

I wouldn't worry if he's gaining and staying on the same line, the percentile lines are still within what is considered normal range, it's when they go over or under we need to worry. Like us some babies are greedy or hungry while others aren't, he will maybe suddenly have a growth spurt soon and demand more.

I agree with the other ladies, if he is hungry im sure he would let you know!

joshua goes through stages like that. sometimes hes not interested in food at all and other times he shoves so much food in his mouth all the time i think hes gonna be ill. Your lo may just not need it now however in a few weeks may suddenly want everything in sight! great advice above though!! xx

Jack's 6 months next Tuesday and has never drunk more than 4oz! He only drinks 2-3oz per feed. He's obsessed with his water beaker so we're trying his milk in it to see if he takes more. I'm not suggesting you try this i'm just saying what we do. He's also just under the 25th for his weight but he's following 91st for his length so he's tall and skinny. Jack's a very happy, active & content baby and if your LO is happy and healthy I really wouldn't worry x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back