Concerned about feeding

Discussion in 'Feeding & Nutrition' started by Emerald rose, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Emerald rose

Emerald rose Well-Known Member

Im getting concerned about Riley not eating alot. He takes 4oz and never wakes at night for a feed hes just not intrested in food.
    I make 5oz bottles but he wont take the last oz his wieght is on the 25th centile so its slightly low.

2. Sam's Mum

Sam's Mum Well-Known Member

Is he satisfied after feeding though? Some babies are just smaller, but as long as he's gaining weight and seems happy I wouldn't worry too much x

3. ZMD

ZMD Well-Known Member

Try not to worry Hun, if he's satisfied after his feeds that's probably all he needs. Aslong as he's gaining weight & following a centile nicely he must be getting enough xx

4. Sarah13

Sarah13 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry if he's gaining and staying on the same line, the percentile lines are still within what is considered normal range, it's when they go over or under we need to worry. Like us some babies are greedy or hungry while others aren't, he will maybe suddenly have a growth spurt soon and demand more.

5. Amy_J

Amy_J Well-Known Member

I agree with the other ladies, if he is hungry im sure he would let you know!

6. Squeakz

Squeakz Well-Known Member

joshua goes through stages like that. sometimes hes not interested in food at all and other times he shoves so much food in his mouth all the time i think hes gonna be ill. Your lo may just not need it now however in a few weeks may suddenly want everything in sight! great advice above though!! xx

7. clairebear22

clairebear22 Well-Known Member

Jack's 6 months next Tuesday and has never drunk more than 4oz! He only drinks 2-3oz per feed. He's obsessed with his water beaker so we're trying his milk in it to see if he takes more. I'm not suggesting you try this i'm just saying what we do. He's also just under the 25th for his weight but he's following 91st for his length so he's tall and skinny. Jack's a very happy, active & content baby and if your LO is happy and healthy I really wouldn't worry x