25 week midwife appointment?

LauraMummyToBe

Reaction score
What happens at this appointment? I've heard a million different things I just wanna make sure I know what's going on as I have mine tomorrow at 10am! :)

Thanks ladies! Xxx

Well we had ours with our GP (as we have opted for GP & Midwifery led care)

I did a urine sample, which she dip tested for any UTI's and was being sent off to check sugar and protein levels.
My blood pressure was checked.
She hada good feel of my tummy and measured the fundal height (top of uterus to pubic bone) to gauge size of uterus. When we had ours, i was actually 26 weeks, and I was measuring 25cm (cm roughly equates to number of weeks you are) and so on the chart in my notes im within the 2 lines on the graph so all was ok.
She then listened for the heartbeat.

We were asked if we had any questions, any problems anything like that.
I mentioned my lower back was niggling, so she referred me to teh physio and i mentioned some concerns I had about discharge and she gave me a swab stick thing to take with me which I have sent off to the path lab for testing.

All in all we were in there for about 20mins. She noted down everything she had measured in my notes.

Then we have our 28 week appt. with the midwife this Thurs. where im having bloods taken, bleurgh. dreading that unless they can take blood from my hand.

Thank you for the very detailed reply Gysgal! :D

I'm not looking forward to the 28 weeks bloods either, I'm petrified of needles! :( xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back