:(

Isn't a marine tank just saltwater? Determines what fish you can have, you can set up a reef environment in one of those.

Tropical is freshwater innit? Like rivers etc, the fish you keep are different. X

I would cut off my arm, and possibly a leg, to own a marine tank :love: x

Well, you can have ours if these fish die, I swear I am cursed with looking after anything but oh can't seem to live without some sort of animal in the house...don't get me wrong I love animals too but after 3 beardies, a snake, a dog and nearly these fish I think the rspca or someone will officially ban me. (only 2 of the veardies died, we sold one when pg. One died cause mil never put the heating on, tge other cause she was holding too many eggs and whilst oh was away at uni mil took the sandbox out of her viv :( )

Yeah it must be a marine then (i know nothing!) Yep really want a clownfish I love them, we seen a really teeny one today when getting some water, probably not much bigger than my thumbnail :,) think the gobi would have eaten it alive he's become a right grumpy old man lately. Well fish don't have facial expressions but he does have a bit of a grumpy lip about him x

Clown fish are quite brave little things, we had one many moons ago when I was little and it used to nibble my finger if I stuck it in the tank, something about the salt in the skin. They also change sex when the dominant female dies so Nemo's dad would have turned into his mum :D. I got my nephew a tank from national geographic that had an upside down periscope in it and he could follow the fish around :D

Fish are so cool!
Don't give up just yet, they do take a lot of getting the hang of.
Amazon do some fab books about marine keeping, maybe swat up a bit??
You deffo need a clown fish and a regal tang (although tangs need quite a big tank and I think you said yours isn't massive??) xxx

Just gone downstairs to get Charlie some breakfast and he's gone :,( he's all white and lying on the sand :( he looked so much better yesterday but the stress of getting stuck in the filters the other night must have been too much for him x

Awww no. Sorry to read that hun x

Just gone downstairs to get Charlie some breakfast and he's gone :,( he's all white and lying on the sand :( he looked so much better yesterday but the stress of getting stuck in the filters the other night must have been too much for him x

Great. Oh went to get him out of the water and got a shock, so he said its his fault as he'd gotten water in one of the plugs yesterday, tried to get it all out and knew that it was still dodgy. I said it probs wasn't that as how are the others still alive and was saying that its not his fault etc not to worry.

Then he gets the testing kit to test the water and goes mad cause i left the water in there, I said I left it for him to look at when he got back from work and then he went even more mad cause I hadn't even put the right amount of water in, all I had to do was ask. But I thought I'd measured right, I used one of Charlie's old bottles to measure? Then he was going on about how I never think and he has to do everything himself...so annoyed at him, I said oh right its all my fault even though you've just admitted you left the plug being dodgy knowing it might harm them and have I had a go at him?

The waters gonna be messed up anyway at the min I told him to check it yesterday when we put fresh water in...arse!

Awww :( I'm sorry hun. Hope your ok. Ignore OH, I think when your upset about something it's easier to blame others. I dont think he really means its your fault. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back