24 weeks! general update and VBAC anyone??

carlyr874

Reaction score
Hi folks - sorry this is so long!

Thought I'd make a post as I haven't written one for ages - got to 24 weeks today woohoo, next mile stone is 100 days left then tri 3 yay!

Really seems to be going fast now. Had my 20 weeks scan 3 weeks ago and all was looking fine, still team green!

I then had an appointment with my consultant a week last Monday because of the 5/6 bouts of bleeding I have had since 7 weeks. It was really interesting because he was reading through all my notes from when I had Holly and when I had her I ended up having an emergency C section because she went into distress and I was always under the impression this was because her head was too far back. It turns out on seeing my notes that her head was still quite high up when labour hit full swing and that the cord was 'presenting itself next to her head' this meant that it was the pressure on the cord dampening her oxygen supply that caused her to go into distress and not the fact that her head was too far back as I had always believed. - The chances of this ever happening are very slim apparently so this means that I have a really good chance of going for a VBAC delivery this time round - is anyone else contemplating or had VBAC?

Consultant said he's quite happy to go ahead and book me in for elective if I want to, but the recovery last time was so long and it means I won't be able to drive for 6 weeks etc, I'd much rather do VBAC but I certainly do not want to end up having an emergency section again it was horrible. I said I would leave it until 36 weeks to make a decision and if everything is looking good then I'll go for it, but if there is the slightest thing that means I might end up having an emergency section then I'm opting for elective - I do not want another emergency section!

And finally he is booking me in for growth scans at 28, 32 and 36 weeks to check all is ok and that the bleeding I have experienced wasn't anything sinister! Quite nice really I will have had 7 scans in total this pregnancy!

Hope the rest of you are healthy and blooming and enjoying cooking your buns xxx

Hi hun

Im only 13 weeks so still got loads of time, but I have had 2 sections and really really would like to try and have VBAC this time, havent spoken to doc yet, but MW said she thinks it should be fine, so fingers crossed for us both :hug: :hug:

Hiya, Im only 14 weeks but I am considering trying a VBAC, like you I definitely do not want another emergency section - so I am having growth scans regularly after 30 weeks and if the baby is big ill opt for an elective. I had a section last time due to CPD which is where the pelvic opening is not big enough but he was a big baby and at a funny angle so they said I can certainly try for a VBAC if I want but can also opt for elective. Its nice the way they dont pressure you one way or another

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back