VBAC or Section?

RachelJ

Reaction score
I've an appointment to see a consultant on Tuesday to assess my ability to deliver naturally - this is apparently routine now if you've previously had a CS (I had mine in 2004).

Up until now I was pretty much determined that I would beg the consultant to sign me up for an elective this time around as I was pretty traumatised by my first labour, but am now trying top stay calm and am considering giving the VBAC a bash.

Has anyone else been through VBAC? Can anyone offer any advice?

xxx

I haven't personally been through a VBAC but I had a section with my daughter and it all ended up a bit traumatic.

I do know though that if you choose to have a VBAC you don't have to be continually monitered so don't worry about being stuck to a bed the whole time and you get just as much choice as a first time mother or someone who has previously had a natural birth.

Hope everything goes well for you thought with which ever option you choose :)

I went to my 16 week consultant appt, and my 23 week consultant appt, expecting to have an adult discussion about VBAC, all they said was 'we'll decide at 36 weeks'. I was all for a VBAC before but now I'm not sure, too many people giving me their opinions.

My friend had a VBAC last Tuesday and another friend is so desperate for one that her consultant has agreed not to book her in for a section once she's a week overdue as they usually do (she's due this week so fingers crossed she'll go into labour anyway). Can you go in and have a good chat with your consultant about what to expect - usually there's no reason (as long as there's been enough time for you to completely recover from the section) why a VBAC wouldn't go perfectly x

Sorry to sound a bit silly but what's a vbac ? :/ x x

My friends wife had c section a year ago. And is due to have her second baby in jan. She is pushing for a vbac. It's what you feel comfortable with.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back