21 weeks nuchal measures 7.4mm??

MrsHills

Reaction score
Hi guys! This is the first time I have posted on a forum, but this is my first pregnancy and have had a few worries so far! I had to have a cervical stitch last week because my cervix was too short and then I went for my 21 weeks scan on Monday and found out we are are having a girl but they also told me that the thickness of the back of baby's neck is 7.4mm and more than it should be, they didn't really say much else just that I have to go back next week for another scan so they can measure it again. So now I'm getting myself in such a state worrying about it and have to wait a week until I'm told more!
Was just wandering if anyone else has experienced this and I am worrying myself sick.

Iv not experienced this but lots of ladies have and have gone private or some gospitals offer a test called the harmony test. It is better than the measurements. Look in to it. Hooe your baby will be ok x

Ok thank you! I'll give that a go, they do know how to scare the life out of you in the hospital I go to! Thank you for the reply, was starting to think I wasn't going to get any x

Im surprised as nor.ally this sort of topic gets advice.

I know I thought so too! I have also posted the same one in the 2nd trimester section so hopefully I will get more of a response! Again thank you though!
x

Sorry you've not had many replies but I think it's because nuchal is normally measured at the dating scan rather than 20 weeks scan - I've not heard of it being measured then. What was the measurement at your dating scan, was it normal range then? xx

It was completely normal at dating scan, and thought it was the norm that they measure everything at the anomaly scan.

I hears it's too inaccurate to make any judgements on any nuchal measurements after 14 weeks?

Iv no idea, this is my first pregnancy so this is all very daunting to me, I just know they said I have to have another one next week to get a second opinion

Hi,

I am currently going through this, at dating scan NT measured 4.6mm with blood tests my result came back as 1:5 ... so as you can imagine very worried

Yesterday I was booked for CVS test, However my placenta was not in the right position so could not be completed, they did scan me though and midwife said that nasal bone was present which changed my chances to 1:15, the NT had also decreased to 3.5mm still high but had decreased in just 4 days.

My head is a mess right now, do I continue with CVS or do I check the scan next week and if this has decreased then trust my instinct that everything is fine ... my head is all over the place

If you can get it ladies, I personally can't recommend the harmony test enough. It's non-invasive and 99% accurate I believe. I had to wait 2 weeks for my results as they were being done during the xmas period. Sending loads of positivity to you, I know how worrying this can be x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back